x and Z loadmeter

More
03 Nov 2012 08:31 #26218 by jlviloria
x and Z loadmeter was created by jlviloria
Hello

you can create a load meter for X and Z with pyVCP, indicating the motor overload?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Nov 2012 04:07 #26245 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic x and Z loadmeter

you can create a load meter for X and Z with pyVCP, indicating the motor overload?

In theory, yes.

Do the drives have any useful outputs to indicate load? There are two analogue inputs on the 7i64 you could use, though they are only 3.3V so need protection and some form of voltage divider (probably)

More
04 Nov 2012 22:46 #26253 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic x and Z loadmeter
If the drives have an analog output that indicates load, you can also monitor the voltage with 4 of the 7I77 inputs. Field inputs 0,1,2,3 are available as analog inputs in mode 1. These are protected (to up to 50V or so) but have fairly low resolution (8 bits and ~36V full scale)

More
07 Nov 2012 03:45 #26311 by jd896
Replied by jd896 on topic x and Z loadmeter
i maybe wrong an would definitely not know how to do it, but could this not be done with some calculations based on the axis vol and commanded output.
ie low speed high effort (or high commanded output / high analogue output) = high load
high speed low effort (or low commanded output / low analogue output) = light load

maybe some of the pid value would give better a better window into he required info

OR maybe im just barking up the wrong tree altogether

More
07 Nov 2012 04:06 #26313 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic x and Z loadmeter
for velocity mode drives, you could scale and subtract the actual velocity (encoder velocity) from the requested velocity (PID output) to get an idea of the load, but the difference is small in a well tuned velocity drive so the calculation is probably not very accurate.

For torque mode drives its easy, since the load is just the PID output (properly scaled)

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds