g-code rewinding and f-forwarding no next M3

More
09 Apr 2014 17:26 #45746 by atihillbilly
I use linuxcnc for plasma cutting table and I need to rewind and fast forward to next M3 at the push of a button, is there an easy way to do this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2014 21:47 - 09 Apr 2014 21:48 #45762 by ArcEye
Hi

You will need to explain exactly what you want to do and why.

M30 (rewind) does not work in Linuxcnc, it is just the same as M2.
If it did, it would go to the start of the file, so the 'next M3' would always be the same one, probably not what you meant?

If you are cutting the same shape repeatedly from a sheet, it is probably better to use a subroutine for the cut and have incremental position moves between calls, but again I don't know what you are doing

regards
Last edit: 09 Apr 2014 21:48 by ArcEye.

More
09 Apr 2014 21:56 #45763 by emcPT
I think he wants to "browse" the already loaded gcode to reach the "next" or "previous" part to be cut. So he wants to search for "plasma start" M codes that normally is the same as spindle start (M3). I can image that it would be useful.
However I do not think that is possible.

More
09 Apr 2014 23:32 #45766 by ArcEye

I think he wants to "browse" the already loaded gcode to reach the "next" or "previous" part to be cut. So he wants to search for "plasma start" M codes that normally is the same as spindle start (M3). I can image that it would be useful.
However I do not think that is possible.

Almost certainly not from a button in that case.

The 'run from line' and block functions generally in Linuxcnc are not good compared to some dedicated controllers.

If it is a regular production run, the code could be written in a series of subs so that moving between start points is easier, but if it is a one off or generated code, that might not be practicable.

regards

Time to create page: 0.326 seconds