Using standalone PYVCP full screen

More
30 Jun 2009 03:52 #476 by geo01005
I have a machine that I'm using the Hal, pyvcp and classic ladder for a better replacement for a PLC. I'm wondering if there is any way, in the current release, to either specify the size and anchor point of the pyvcp panel?

I understand that in the next release there will be a -g option that will allow the hal file to specify these parameters, but is there any way to do this in the current release?

Please let me know if I need to be more specific.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jun 2009 04:24 #477 by cmorley
Well if you really want it, you could take the pyvcp program from the installed version and replace it with the development version (by hand). Every time emc updated you would have to do it again. Or you could lobby the developers to add it to the release version. ( this would probably be a tough sell-better call it a bug fix :) ) How bad do you want it? By the way would it be handy to be able to specify the position / size of Classicladder ?

Chris M

More
30 Jun 2009 05:04 #478 by cmorley
The file is pyvcp and it is in /usr/bin . You need to use sudo to change/overwrite it
It's actually just six lines of code.

More
01 Jul 2009 22:12 #479 by geo01005
Thanks for your comment Chris,

I saw your comment on the developers list, thank you for doing that. For this machine I would prefer to have an unmodified release, but if I just need to update pyvcp.py, it isn't that big of a deal. The reason I want this is that the machine is going to have a touch screen interface, and I want it to boot up and automatically run a hal file with halrun. I would like the pyvcp panel to not require any adjusting.

Thanks,

Jon

More
03 Jul 2009 00:48 #480 by cmorley
That sounds cool you should add a write up with pics to the wiki (hint classicladder example page)

Yes similar to why I added the feature - my configuration program (pncconf) allows one to load a pyvcp test panel and halmeters to test Mesa board connections. The panels all landed on each other, needing user intervention. I actually added a -g feature to halmeter as well- it just sets the position,
Anyways -g for pyvcp will be released in 2.3.2 which is pretty soon.

More
14 Jul 2009 06:39 #539 by cmorley
So the -g for pyvcp panels feature was added to 2.3.2 . Have you tried it? did it do what you wanted?

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds