HAL -> Arduino Breakout

More
05 Mar 2013 02:09 #30870 by andypugh
andypugh replied the topic: HAL -> Arduino Breakout

dewy721 wrote: I don't doubt the speed interface advantages of a card slot interface.

Just to clarify, "realtime" isn't about speed (USB2 is far faster than a parallel port) it is about getting the data from the bus exactly when you want it. This is something that USB makes impossible.
More
05 Mar 2013 20:58 #30914 by andypugh
I have started looking into this. What is needed is a way to connect Linux "Input Devices" via HAL GPIO as well as via USB / PS2.

I think that it is possible in principle and I am going to have a fiddle. This would allow you to use some keys of a keyboard/keypad for text entry and some as control keys / switches.
More
05 Mar 2013 21:14 #30915 by dewy721
dewy721 replied the topic: HAL -> Arduino Breakout
That would make life on my end easier. :)

While your at it, feel like expressing the concept via an AVR firmware? (Show us scrap-botters how it could be done better?)

Right now, I'm relegated to a horrendously large python script as the back end for mangling the data stream into an AVR friendly format. (Threaded/Queues/Multiple-sockets,Oh My!)

For your giggling pleasure, I attached the script I'm trying (in vain) to lean up.
More
13 Jul 2017 00:03 #95744 by danilom
danilom replied the topic: HAL -> Arduino Breakout

andypugh wrote: I have started looking into this. What is needed is a way to connect Linux "Input Devices" via HAL GPIO as well as via USB / PS2.

I think that it is possible in principle and I am going to have a fiddle. This would allow you to use some keys of a keyboard/keypad for text entry and some as control keys / switches.

Has anyone achieved this, was there a development of such component?
I am looking to connect 7i73 to a matrix keyboard which has letters along with command buttons.
More
13 Jul 2017 12:56 #95754 by andypugh
This thread was a long time ago. I did actually make a version of the matrix_keyboard component that could be configured to send keypress events to the system, but I could not be sure that the system calls were thread-safe so I removed that facility.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds