mesa 7i77 m code relay wiring

More
10 Jun 2013 13:49 - 10 Jun 2013 16:27 #35482 by cncbasher
ok thanks , iv'e sent you a pm also .

try
net spindle-on motion-spindle-on => hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.output-01

note the _

also attached is a full demo setup for a 7i77 including spindle and some limits and estop ,
if it is extracted in your configs folder , you should also be able to pick up the configuration in pncconf and re-edit as required
but it will at least give you a resonable start to find your way around .
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Jun 2013 16:27 by cncbasher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2013 19:38 #35486 by BigJohnT
Does the .pncconf file need to be in the /linuxcnc/configs directory like the .stepconf files do?

JT

More
11 Jun 2013 01:45 #35502 by cncbasher
yes your correct JT

More
13 Jun 2013 13:49 #35578 by edscrane1
Thank you for sending the configuration file. I have been away for three days but last night started to edit the ini file to suit my machine.

I tried to edit your file in pncconf but still got the same error as before ( picture in my post under pncconf ) firmware not found.

Also tried moving the 5i25 and 5i25 update files around to see if this would work.

Is the firmware that pncconf is looking for in the 7i77.xml file ?

I can edit the Hal and ini files manually and through the Machine - Calibration tab, but had a thought yesterday!!!

If Pncconf cannot see the firmware file, would that cause linuxcnc to not recognise the input / output pins?

Vin power is applied and lights are on the 7i77 board, x,y,z axis move, and encoders read.

Will continue to edit the Hal and ini files this evening, just need to check which figures are different when changing from inch to metric.

Thanks again for all the help.

More
13 Jun 2013 15:02 #35580 by cncbasher
have you used the 5i25 update zip file and ran the shell install program this places the 7i77.xml files in the correct place for the 5i25 , which is /lib/firmware/hm2/5i25
the .pncconf file in the configuration I sent needs to be in the /linuxcnc/configs folder

the only reason a 7i77 addon board is not seen by the software is that the field power is not applied at the time the board is started up .. or you have a jumper pin wrong
the 5i25 does not have a firmware file as such as this is already loaded .. pncconf only needs the xml file . so long as they are in the correct places and correct permissions of course
the files in the 5i25 folder need to be root , and as such are placed by the script using sudo

moveing the files around will not help . they need to be in the correct places ..

I think your confusing yourself into thinking the problem is elsewhere when it is not ..
i'm happy to talk you through setting up , and getting this working , and finding the major problem your having
check your private mail ..

More
14 Jun 2013 00:07 #35598 by edscrane1
Thank you for your help cncbasher.

All files appear to be in the correct place.

I have not received your pm in my email, so have sent my details to you.

When I command a spindle start there is no voltage across output 00 to ground

More
14 Jun 2013 04:01 #35604 by edscrane1
:) :) :) :) :)

SUCCESS!!!!!

Thank you Cncbasher for all the support.

After further checking and pin watching, I now have 24v switchable outputs on the 7i77 card by using the files that you sent through on Monday.

Part of the problem was that I was looking for the voltage on the left hand output block when it was on the right hand.

Still need to crack the Pncconf problem and find out why the net command in my original Hal caused an error,
but expect to be up and running with spindle control tomorrow, just need to finish tuning the servos to metric settings.

Thanks again

Regards

Edward

More
14 Jun 2013 06:20 - 14 Jun 2013 06:20 #35605 by cncbasher
glad your making progress , not seen any mail from you either .,as yet
you'll find the outputs probably need to be inverted

i'll be around tomorrow
Last edit: 14 Jun 2013 06:20 by cncbasher.

More
14 Jun 2013 18:41 #35617 by andypugh

glad your making progress , not seen any mail from you either

I don't think forum PMs are working.

More
14 Jun 2013 18:52 #35621 by cncbasher
Andy,
they do work but very late in arriving ... like hours ... out
iv'e had a few lately and just given up trying ..
also had a few drop in the junk

i have managed to make contact to Edward via mail eventualy

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds