Another questoon about THC component

More
18 Jun 2013 15:53 - 18 Jun 2013 15:58 #35773 by Andrey_L
Hello gentlemen.All my attempts to use voltage tolerance in THC comp have failed. When I try to uncomment the line 'net thc-volts-tol pyvcp.volts-tolerance thc.volts-tol' in my postgui.hal I have an error: pin thc.volts-tol doesn't exist. Indeed, I can't see this pin in a Hal meter. Although my project is located in only early phase I plan to use voltage tolerance to avoid Z jitter. (Maybe I'm wrong). I would like to ask you how can I put on the volts-tolerance function if it's possible at all. My hardware are THCAD and 5i20, soft LinuxCNC 2.5.0 and config files are below. I will be really greatful for your help.
Andrew
Last edit: 18 Jun 2013 15:58 by Andrey_L.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2013 17:48 #35776 by BigJohnT
Looking at the thc man page I don't see the pin or parameter spelled that way. I do see a parameter thc.voltage-tol float rw The deviation of Tip Voltage before correction takes place. Start your config and open up Show HAL Configuration. Look at the thc pins and thc parameters for correct spelling. I like to highlight the pin/parameter then press the middle mouse button to copy (it's the only way that works) then using the middle mouse button paste the pin/parameter name into my hal file. Also remember that any pyvcp pin must be in the postgui file as named in the [HAL] POSTGUI_HALFILE. See the hal section of the ini in the manual for more info.

I think I finally recovered from my vacation... I hope.

JT

More
18 Jun 2013 19:44 #35780 by Andrey_L
John, thank you for your reply and help. I took the basis for these configuration files : git.linuxcnc.org/gitweb?p=linuxcnc.git;a...53913b1d5fce9905776a
and I think there are not any mistakes in it.
Regards. Andrew

More
18 Jun 2013 19:53 - 18 Jun 2013 19:55 #35781 by BigJohnT
Thanks for pointing me to the typo in the sample config. I see that line is commented out for some reason. I'll fix the sample config.

Edit: I think it is commented out because you can't set a parameter like you can a pin. I'll have to see...

JT
Last edit: 18 Jun 2013 19:55 by BigJohnT.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds