Need Help Setting Up an MPG

More
13 Sep 2013 05:56 #38716 by Ivan_The_Red
Im trying to set-up an MPG ( quadrature encoder )and I'm having trouble finding out what needs to go into my HAL file to get it to work.
As it is right now if I use the HAL tools I can see that the appropriate axis_0_jog-enable is TRUE and
the axis_0_jog-counts is incrementing and decrementing integer values as I turn the wheel.

What else needs to be included or what else might I look into?

I have only been working with LinuxCNC for about a week so please keep that in mind if you
think you can help. ( go easy on me )

Thanks

:P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2013 07:05 #38721 by BigJohnT
I sure hate to be the one to say this after your first post but RTM... and I know you don't know where to look in the manual yet so here is the link to the MPG example.

www.linuxcnc.org/docs/html/examples/mpg.html

JT

More
13 Sep 2013 07:28 #38727 by Ivan_The_Red
Thanks for the reply

Ive been through that and I really should have been more explicit.... I have an Arduino pendant that I built for Mach3 and I want to retrofit it
to work with EMC. It does not use a parallel port but communicates serially ( USB ). Can you explain why I can see the MPG counts
in the HAL monitor but nothing moves ?

More
13 Sep 2013 14:09 #38751 by cncbasher
you will be missing some hal configuration , archive and post your config folder , we also do not know what Pendant you have .
have you linked the mpg to the axis you wish to move ? is it selected or enabled true ?

More
13 Sep 2013 20:27 #38762 by BigJohnT
Compare the example MPG to your HAL and see what your missing.

JT

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds