halscope problems

More
24 Dec 2014 02:56 #54276 by cmtunnel
halscope problems was created by cmtunnel
I am trying to set up the scope for my servos. I went through all the info in the hal manual and have the scope working showing sine wave. However, i'm having trouble figuring out how to get the commands sent to the servos. Is there a more comprehensive manual for halscope out there somewhere or am i just missing something? I know how to tune the servos just can't get to the point where i can tune them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Dec 2014 03:17 #54277 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic halscope problems
Halscope doesnt change anything, it just allows you to view signals and pins

For tuning you need motion, (either a gcode file or manually jogging works),
pin monitoring (HALScope), and some way to change the PID parameters
(in axis the calibrate menu is designed for this)

More
24 Dec 2014 04:20 #54278 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic halscope problems
I have some info on my web site that might help.

gnipsel.com/linuxcnc/tuning/index.html

JT

More
24 Dec 2014 05:29 #54283 by cmtunnel
Replied by cmtunnel on topic halscope problems
Ok. If i wanted a g-code file that runs an axis out and back a few inches with velocity and acceleration how would I get halscope to trigger that so i can see the following error. Or can the scope get the motor to follow the sine/cosine wave so i can watch following error? Or am I out to lunch on how this work?

More
24 Dec 2014 06:12 - 24 Dec 2014 06:15 #54284 by PCW
You can trigger HALScope on velocity or position for example (or even ferror)
Last edit: 24 Dec 2014 06:15 by PCW.

More
24 Dec 2014 06:52 #54285 by cmtunnel
How? Am I running linuxcnc to get the machine moving and just watching the scope or do i need to set up something that the trigger uses to set the machine in motion to do the comparison? There is a scope that comes up in pncconf so im assuming that the test is all run from the scope window.

How do you get a motor to follow one of the siggen signals? I need step by step info. I have read everything I can find out there and it's not making sense. Thanks.

More
24 Dec 2014 07:40 - 24 Dec 2014 07:41 #54286 by PCW
You can either jog the axis or run some gcode that makes back and forth movements or you setup a hal siggen component to do this
(all require linuxcnc running)

On the right side of HALScope is a trigger setup pane, this has signal/pin selection boxes to select the trigger source
and trigger option boxes to select polarity offset and gain of the trigger input

HALScope is just a Oscilloscope component (like a real oscilloscope) its only monitors signals/pins/parameters

To start with, I would just see use jogging, since its the simplest
Last edit: 24 Dec 2014 07:41 by PCW.

More
24 Dec 2014 08:46 #54287 by cmtunnel
so it looks like i just set up linuxcnc and halscope in two different windows. The movements in linuxcnc are read by the halscope and displayed. Does the motion profile show as you make it in linuxcnc or do you have to run the trigger?

More
24 Dec 2014 09:09 #54288 by PCW
Trigger has many options, (auto and roll mode allow use without setting a trigger source for example)

What have you tried so far? If you are totally unfamiliar with oscilloscopes, you will have a bit of learning to do

More
24 Dec 2014 10:09 #54289 by cmtunnel
my last control had the scope set up so you could input a distance and speed & watch following error. So i've used that one and tuned servos before with it but i didn't set it up. I have a decent understanding of how they work except the triggering. I think i'm just about off & running just don't have all the details in my head working yet.

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds