Add one new encoding type to CAROUSEL component?

More
17 Feb 2016 16:04 #70291 by perra_e
On my new mill I will have a toolchanger that has a stepper motor and a homing sensor. I have surfed around and looked at different solutions, but there is no one I have found that is straight forward. Therefor I'm planing to do the following, if there is no obvious ready solution I have missed.

To drive the stepper I like to use the STEPGEN. I have not found an easy way to set the position-cmd from selected toolnumber so I think the best solution for me is to add that functionality to the CAROUSEL component. That should not be too difficult once I have a working development environment.

What I see now that I have to add is a new encoding type, a pulse scale IN and probably offset IN and a position-cmd OUT.

I can off course do this just for myself but I guess it could be interesting for more ppl. I have never developed for linuxcnc before so I'm not sure how to deal with this. Can I send the modified component to someone for review for example?

--Per

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2016 07:06 #70334 by perra_e
I have a development Environment up and running now. I also found this page contributing-to-linuxcnc . I will try to follow that.

Any way, it will be very easy to set up the carousel with the extra functionality if every thing works as expected with STEPGEN.

--Per

More
23 Feb 2016 17:11 #70529 by andypugh
You probably need to subscribe to the developers mailing list to discuss this.

www.linuxcnc.org/community/

More
23 Feb 2016 20:01 #70534 by perra_e
Hi Andy,

I have already done that, and I have also posted the topic "New member intro + question regarding CAROUSEL"

Thanks any way.
--Per

More
25 Feb 2016 09:18 #70602 by andypugh

I have already done that, and I have also posted the topic

Yes, sorry, I was going through a 10-day backlog of new forum posts.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds