How good stepper motors with feedback?

More
11 Apr 2016 11:32 #73094 by aleksamc
Hi all.

Currently I use steppers with open loop control and they are loos steps much and can work only very slowly.

Can I buy driver for closed loop stepper and connect it with encoders. Steppers are for example ES-D Series of leadshine? Can this driver or other similar fix my problem with losing steps?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2016 14:45 #73109 by andypugh

Can this driver or other similar fix my problem with losing steps?

That depends on whether steps are lost in the signal side or the physical side.

A properly-designed system with well-chosen motors, good step-timing and functional electronics should never lose steps. One or more of those things must be wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: aleksamc

More
11 Apr 2016 15:15 #73115 by mariusl
I concur with Andy. You should look at your max acceleration and max velocity. If those are too high you will get slip. You will not get more performance from the motors if you add closed loop control. You can however increase the stepper supply voltage to as much as 80v. Make sure that you drive can handle that kind of voltage.
This will give good speed performance.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
12 Apr 2016 04:41 #73144 by aleksamc
The mechanical part is definitely well designed, all parts turns well.

The problem possibly could be in because I have may be little high impulse per sec.
The system starts to slip always in one direction - from the object of processing. I will try today to adjust new settings with higher speads and lower steps per imp.

More
13 Apr 2016 10:35 #73217 by aleksamc
Really problem was in signal side and Chines drivers.

Don't believe what written on them. Dividing steps was messed completely. Where written 1/8 there is 1/256 and where 1/128 - there 1/5.

After this I tuned system well.

Thanks all for saving me from extra expenses.

Time to create page: 0.279 seconds