Sercos3 Softmaster

More
15 Feb 2017 19:32 #88011 by roschi
Sercos3 Softmaster was created by roschi
Hello,

I've created a first implementation of a sercos softmaster for machinekit based on that

You can get some Information and first results here
github.com/aschiffler/linuxcnc-sercos3

I have also tested this on a Raspbery Pi3 but this device has no "real" Ethernet controller so in fact this did not work probably (realtime capabilities).

Now I need help or hints according several topics
- What is about RTAI/LinuxCNC?
- How to set up a realiable build config / make files because the main part of the code (Sercos-Softmaster-Core) is hosted on sourceforge an includes no build files;
- Implementation of something like a config application or XML parser like the EtherCAT Driver for MachineKit (act. config is fixed coded)
- Testing any feedback about other experiences or requirements (jitter, functionality,....)
- Feedback / Discussion whether this Sercos3 Driver is senseless or has big potential...

I think the potential of sercos3 is that common Ethernet packets can be routed through the same physical cables/switches without having some like EOE (EtherNet over EtherCAT). Perhaps see the introduction here

Best Regards
Andreas

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Feb 2017 04:14 #88320 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Sercos3 Softmaster
I do not have to much time to check what exactly sercos means as a system, but from a short read i do not see any example where i could use it. Linuxcnc has support for ethernet and works easily with Mesa and Beckhof devices.
Thank you for pointing out, might come handy later on, or after i dig some more into it.
Regards,
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds