Stuck in E-Stop

More
22 Apr 2017 19:09 #91858 by Macinpa
Stuck in E-Stop was created by Macinpa
Have a 4-axis desktop mill with a Gecko 540 driver & external E-Stop. Can someone help me configure my machine so it will operate properly with External Hard E-Stop so I can start to jog and test home switches? I have tried to change Hal file with BigJohn's E-Stop-Latch routine but the unit will not reset, just stays in E-Stop.

Can jog machine from GUI Mini where no Home switches are assumed, and it appears Gecko is operating normally. But as soon as go to Axis GUI, can't clear E-Stop.

Is there a config set-up available which overcomes this problem?

.Ini & .Hal files attached

File Attachment:

File Name: Gecko_540B4.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: Gecko_540B4.ini
File Size:2 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2017 14:11 #92061 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Stuck in E-Stop
Try looking at the inputs and outputs of the estop-latch with halmeter, that should help you figure out what is going wrong.

It looks like the problem might be that estop-latch reset is driven from user-request-enable, and it might be that that pin is disabled in the GUI when e-stop is active.
(I am not sure, which is why I suggest monitoring the inputs with halmeter (from the Machine menu in Axis))

More
25 Apr 2017 20:54 #92105 by Macinpa
Replied by Macinpa on topic Stuck in E-Stop
Thx, will have a look at this, but I found I was able to at least break the lockout by inverting Pin 15 signal from Gecko 540 by re-running stepconf. Also eliminated Gecko's charge pump enable signal, Pin 16, by switch on Gecko - just in case that was leading to driver fault. Not sure all is perfect - but I can now jog & home, and reset a soft or hard E-Stop via F1 & F2 keys.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds