Spindle Not Turning or Responding to commands

More
30 May 2017 21:24 #93860 by Waltron45
Good afternoon all, in January of last year, I began the process of retrofitting an EMCO PC mill 55. Last week, I was finally able to get the axis' moving and able to home, however I am still having a problem with the spindle not turning and tool not being recognized. I first thought that it could be that I did not select a tool, however there is no tool changer and It has to be done manually. Another point is even in the opening window of LinuxCNC, when I select brake off, CW rotation and try and start the spindle though that way, still nothing happens. I went through and tried to re-wire TB4 in hopes that It was just a mix up in the wires, but now I have thought that there could be an error in the .HAL or .ini files. I have attached them to this in hopes that someone who is more experienced than I could possibly help. I appreciate any and all help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2017 12:04 #93876 by andypugh
It doesn't look horribly wrong. Can you check the values of hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.spinena and hm2_5i25.0.7i76.0.0.spinout with the halmeter (Machine menu if using Axis) to see if the signals are getting through.

You probably don't need the "abs" function, there should be a motion.spind-speed-out-abs you can use instead.

Can you elaborate on "tool not being recognised"? Note that unless you customise the config you need an M6 as well as a T-command, and probably a G43 too.

More
31 May 2017 16:22 - 31 May 2017 16:38 #93895 by Waltron45
Turns out the tool is recognized, misread something but the m06 T# works. We tested the voltage between the VFD and 7i76 and it seems to be getting signal and voltage changes depending on the m03 s# command, but the spindle still does not turn. Also, forgot to metntion It seems that the Lenze VFD is not making it out of initialization mode and just stays in startup mode.
Last edit: 31 May 2017 16:38 by Waltron45. Reason: Adding details

More
31 May 2017 17:45 #93899 by andypugh
How do you have the enable lines wired? The enable-out and dir-out on the 7i76 can be considered (and wired) as switches.

More
31 May 2017 21:15 #93905 by Waltron45
Starting from the bottom (pin 1) to the top (pin 8)
TB4:
1- GND1
2- actual or set point value input
3- stabilized DC supply for set point potentiometer
4- N/C
5- controller inhibit
6/8- internal DC supply actuation digital input/ output
7- reverse direction CW/CCW

This is how it is wired from the VFD to the 7i76. There is a jumper between pin 6 and pin 8 on the 7i76. Everything else is wired directly from the VFD.

More
31 May 2017 21:34 #93906 by Waltron45
I checked the values through halscope and both seem to be getting signal. Spinena goes true when I select spindle on and the values in spinout increases as I "speed up" the spindle so no problems there.

More
01 Jun 2017 17:23 #93968 by andypugh
variable voltage on the setpoint pin?

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds