compiling a driver

More
06 Jun 2017 19:48 #94196 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic compiling a driver
Smart serial is a a mesa protocol that I think is similar to either net (dont hold me to that), it allows use of mesa's serial i/o boards. The bit file for the 7i90 must contain the ssi module, you can have several of them. i suspect when it loads the driver and bit file , it checks the version of the firmware. Id say this driver is close to working, as the driver is creating the ssi, stepper and encoder pins.

i am using SPI0/CE0. If you have no 7i90 or didnt put power on it, you get the bad cookie message...Ill load this up tomrw and we will see what happens. Thanks for your help!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2017 19:54 #94197 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic compiling a driver

Where does "hm2/hm2_7i90.0: Smart Serial Firmware Version 43" come from?

That's from the Hostmot2 HAL driver. It means it has found the 7i90, the 7i90 has said "hello, I am a 7i90, and here is my friend the 7i84"

It's all looking pretty good.

More
06 Jun 2017 20:00 #94198 by Bertho
Replied by Bertho on topic compiling a driver
Wow :-)

So, basically, the rpspi driver is showing signs of life. That looks promising indeed. Now to get the details right (famous [almost] last words...).

Just wondering why it did not report on the card found. We'll see tomorrow.

More
06 Jun 2017 21:16 #94202 by Bertho
Replied by Bertho on topic compiling a driver
I found a bug in the return of the initial setup function. It would never ever return that it detected any boards and always return ENODEV because I forgot to count the number of boards detected. This has now been fixed and a new binary version is attached here. Please use this one instead.

On the premise that the board got detected and apparently registered to the hostmot2 driver (from the messages seen), then this version could actually work.

File Attachment:

File Name: hm2_rpspi....30726.gz
File Size:28 KB
Attachments:

More
07 Jun 2017 15:47 #94241 by JR1050
Replied by JR1050 on topic compiling a driver
The driver loaded and works(as far as i can tell). I have to set the spi parameters in hal , its loading the defaults right now. I still have the same homing problem, but Ill st the parameters after lunch and see if that helps. Thanks for all your hard work, looks like you have a winner!!

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds