install new kinematics module

More
13 Sep 2017 20:58 #98926 by agsarg
Hi everyone. iam new here and trying to learn. I was trying to install a new kin module and spent some time reading here and i am not certain if i am doing it the right way. alredy have linuxcnc-dev but i couldnt "make" it at last. it says "libudev-dev not found" i was following this linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/code/buildi...g-Build-Dependencies
Correct me if i am wrong but i thought i had to download linuxcnc.dev, open a terminal and
> cd linuxcnc-dev/src
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure --with-realtime=uspace
> make
and then add my newkinematics.c to the linuxcnc-dev/src/hal/components open a temrinal there and do halcompile --install newkinematics.c

i also have another question in the above link i posted 3.1.1 says--with-realtime=uspace
(providing G-code simulation but no realtime machine control). Does it mean i won t be able to manage my cnc? or how should i configure it? Thanks for yout time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2017 15:59 #99001 by agsarg
can somebody help me?

More
16 Sep 2017 05:59 #99026 by andypugh
You seem to be doing a number of parts of different procedures.

You can either build all of LinuxCNC from source after adding your new kinematics file to the correct folder and to the makefile. This is the hard way and it sounds like you did about half of it.

_Or_ you can simply compile and install the new kins file from anywhere (including in your home directory) into an already-installs LinuxCNC with the "sudo halcompile --install mykins.c" command.

Try that, and if it doesn't work then tell us the exact error messages.

More
16 Apr 2019 02:46 #130961 by richard123
Hello, I was trying to do the sudo halcompile --install corexykins.c in my linuxcnc configuration folder which I made with step conf. But after doing that step, I get this message.

Fyi = I am running a live version of the Debian Wheezy with linuxcnc 2.7 and rtai kernel. I wasn't able to download some repo and linuxcnc -dev, but then I change the sources of my debian wheezy to archive, and my buildbot linuxcnc to become buildbot linuxcnc with master-rtpreempt.
Attachments:

More
16 Apr 2019 04:33 #130963 by andypugh
That appears to be a problem in the .c file, other than that it looks like halcompile is all installed and working.

More
16 Apr 2019 04:48 #130965 by richard123

That appears to be a problem in the .c file, other than that it looks like halcompile is all installed and working.

Actually I took this corexykins.c from the internet as a sample, so I haven't done anything with this file. I've already included the loadrt corexykins in the .hal file. May I upload the code here so that you can do a little inspection and teach me sir?

More
16 Apr 2019 14:52 #130983 by pl7i92
yes ofcause you can upload it here

can you tell us what you expect to do with this component
there are good alredy usefull components in the System
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds