flipflop

More
14 Nov 2017 23:48 - 14 Nov 2017 23:48 #101809 by UAVpilot
flipflop was created by UAVpilot
Hi!

Who can explain why the I/O type is used for the "out" pin?

component flipflop "D type flip-flop";
pin in bit data_ "data input";
pin in bit clk "clock, rising edge writes data to out";
pin in bit set "when true, force out true";
pin in bit reset "when true, force out false; overrides set";
pin io bit out "output";

Last edit: 14 Nov 2017 23:48 by UAVpilot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2017 08:14 #101825 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic flipflop
It might help to have a look at logic integrated circuits as they come with diagrams, like the 4013 although it has been vayyyy to long since i used them so i might be misstaken. Also if i remeber correctly there are 2 types of them, JK and D type flipflop's.

More
15 Nov 2017 16:55 #101856 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic flipflop
That is fairly mysterious but it does seem to work, that is, you can set and clear the output via the output pin

that is:

setp flipflop.0.out true
does set the output true
and
setp flipflop.0.out false
does set the output false

More
15 Nov 2017 22:46 #101866 by UAVpilot
Replied by UAVpilot on topic flipflop
Yesterday I faced a mysterious situation in LinuxCNC v2.7.8:
net signame flipflop.0.out => carousel.0.enable

signame signal was TRUE. I could not change this in any way manipulations with flipflop inputs.
Perhaps the reason is that the carousel component was at that time in incomprehensible state. Unfortunately I can not reproduce this effect yet...
Perhaps this situation arose because of the failure of the carousel component. Or maybe it was the cause of the carousel's failure... :S

More
15 Nov 2017 23:42 #101868 by PCW
Do you have another output driving signame?
since the flipflop output is a I/O pin, this would be legal if the connected pin was also an
I/O pin ( for example 2 flip flop outputs connected in parallel might stick like this)

carousel.0.enable is an input so should not be able to affect the state of the flipflop output

More
16 Nov 2017 01:58 #101871 by UAVpilot

Do you have another output driving signame?

No.

since the flipflop output is a I/O pin, this would be legal if the connected pin was also an
I/O pin ( for example 2 flip flop outputs connected in parallel might stick like this)
carousel.0.enable is an input so should not be able to affect the state of the flipflop output

All the connections with this signal I observed in halshow - there were no others.
I believe that this is the fault of the incomprehensible state of LinuxCNC, which happened after the next command to change the tool "M6T2" - the carousel component was in a strange state and did not give the command to turn on the motor, despite the state of the input signals.

But the essence of my question is not in this problem. :)
So far I'm inclined to think that the "io" type was specified by chance, instead of "out."

More
16 Nov 2017 03:03 #101874 by PCW
That's very odd, It seems unlikely that linuxCNCs state would affect simple hal connections,
in my experience the HMI and interpreter can pretty much take a hike and the hal stuff still keeps ticking

If you have the dev tools installed, it would be trivial to recompile flipflop with its output pin changed
to an simple output as a test

More
16 Nov 2017 08:06 #101880 by UAVpilot
During the work of the machine in the program was the command "M6", which the machine did not perform - the tool has not changed. The operator noticed this and pressed E-STOP and informed me. I did not turn off the machine and began to investigate the cause. I started the test program of tool change in a cycle - the tool did not change. However, the pin iocontrol.0.tool-change changed its state. Then I found that, despite the correct combination of input signals, flipflop does not change the state at the output. Using "halcmd unlinkp ....." I detached all the flipflop inputs and began to study its behavior by sending signals manually ...
After restarting LinuxCNC, this problem can not be repeated.
Continues these experiments there is no possibility - the machine is in production. I changed the HAL file by completely eliminating this trigger.
It is not possible to reproduce such a situation on the test bench. :(

More
16 Nov 2017 13:47 #101895 by PCW
That's very odd, not sure how this could happen without either memory corruption
or the thread failing

More
16 Nov 2017 14:51 #101896 by UAVpilot
I installed my BlackBox component on this machine - in case of an accident, it will write status of HAL in the file ...

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds