RS232 Spindle control

More
27 Apr 2019 16:26 #132094 by marq_torque
Hello everybody,

I have recently came to one spindle and driver set for one retrofitting, its designed to work togather, already tried to configure spindle with different Delta VFD but no luck, spindle is not powering up, its Alfred Jaeger 44V 1000HZ 0.18KW 60000RPM Auto tool clamping spindle.

Basically i am making this setup for PCB drilling machine, so need to use this set as it is.

after hair pulling with different VFDs i decided to check its OEM Supplied drive which is BMR make SFU0153 as per attached photos and datasheet and 232 commands,

My query is, can i use this SFU0153 driver with linuxcnc to control Spindle? it has no Analog input for spindle speed or any Digital input for Start Stop ! (If it was existing i would hae loved to configure with parallel port BB so i bought other VFD to drive this spindle but my bad luck)

Any chances with this Rs232 drive ? or can i use 485 > RS232 Converter for this ? i have doubt since this driver is not accepting commands directly from RS232 its using safety TTL IC Max232 i have wired RS232 with this Max 232 converter and tested with its OEM BMR programming . software and its working fine.

Regards,
Ankit

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2019 16:30 #132097 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic RS232 Spindle control
eigentlich kanst du direkt mit 0-10V an die Steuerung ran und die RS232 komplett umgehen

oder besser du nimmst gleich ein echten modbus 485 VFD für unter 100 euro
The following user(s) said Thank You: marq_torque

More
27 Apr 2019 16:42 #132101 by marq_torque
Replied by marq_torque on topic RS232 Spindle control
Sir, danke für Ihre Eingabe, ich habe bereits mit zwei VFD Hairpulling gemacht, um diese Spindel zu starten. Modbus oder Analog ist 2. Teil, aber die Spindel reagiert überhaupt nicht im Testmodus Wurffehler ohne rotierende Spindel, habe aus den letzten zwei Tagen versucht, Spindel arbeitet nur mit diesem BMR-Treiber!

More
27 Apr 2019 16:44 #132102 by marq_torque
there is no go with other VFDs so i have to use this BMR Driver only... so have to translate Spindle command thru Rs232 :(

More
27 Apr 2019 16:46 #132104 by pl7i92
Replied by pl7i92 on topic RS232 Spindle control
da ist bestimmt noch eine charge pumpe vorgeschaltet da ja die 0-10V intern immer anliegen wie ich das an den bauteieln definiere

ok
ein 485 232 converter ist auch nicht die welt
und modbus kann man ändern in der signalbildung

More
27 Apr 2019 18:20 #132109 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic RS232 Spindle control
A quick look in the attached doc expresses clearly:
This is a only via rs232 controlled device. The protocol is simple and has nothing to do with modbus or other industrial protocols. (that I know)
U need a pc with rs232 which is the normal serial interface. And 115k Baud is quite high, so you should not have to long cable. Double conversion to Rs485 makes it only complicated and the VFD has no pin to switch direction. If you really need longer distance you have to makes something special with 2x rs485 or 2x rs422.
For the soft I think best is to write a python based program that communicates via hal pins. It is beyond my momentary skills, but I think here on the list there are a few who can help you with a "base" rump. That example should contain the way to define digital and analog hal pins. What i'm not sure is if you can adress the serial from a program that communicates via hal-pins.
m5c
Mike

More
27 Apr 2019 18:40 #132110 by marq_torque
I am definitely in favor of 0-10V signals.... but this BMR driver is not having those analog speed input or start stop input everything is done thru Rs232.... i tried to get support from company but they said this is made for some OEM system to work with rs232 comm. so can not be configured with 0-10v signaling it has no such inputs....

More
27 Apr 2019 18:43 #132111 by marq_torque

A quick look in the attached doc expresses clearly:
This is a only via rs232 controlled device. The protocol is simple and has nothing to do with modbus or other industrial protocols. (that I know)
U need a pc with rs232 which is the normal serial interface. And 115k Baud is quite high, so you should not have to long cable. Double conversion to Rs485 makes it only complicated and the VFD has no pin to switch direction. If you really need longer distance you have to makes something special with 2x rs485 or 2x rs422.
For the soft I think best is to write a python based program that communicates via hal pins. It is beyond my momentary skills, but I think here on the list there are a few who can help you with a "base" rump. That example should contain the way to define digital and analog hal pins. What i'm not sure is if you can adress the serial from a program that communicates via hal-pins.
m5c
Mike

Yes Mike, i tried with Max232 serial chip with on board serial port and driver is working fine with its software and listed commands in manual. my hurdle is to talk with this Driver with EMC.

I understood your method, i m newbie in Linux and python.... any help would be much appreciated,

Thanks

More
27 Apr 2019 18:52 #132112 by Mike_Eitel
Replied by Mike_Eitel on topic RS232 Spindle control
A workaround could be an intermediate Arduino.
Are you on an LPT solution?
Do you need to set different speed?

More
27 Apr 2019 18:56 #132113 by marq_torque
Yes i need to set different speeds, I am new to Arduino will be no issue i can play with... I am with PCI LPT setup.

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds