Actually turning the spindle off, not just temporarily inhibiting it.

More
26 Jun 2019 09:51 #137876 by JetForMe
With lut5, I've managed to set spindle.0.inhibit based on a few inputs (collect-locked, pressure-ok, temp-ok). This works fine, and the spindle is inhibited.

I can, for example, eject the tool holder, issue M3, and the spindle won't start. But if I put a tool holder in, the spindle starts up because the M3 is still in effect.

What I need is for the M3 to be canceled if the spindle-inhibit asserts. How do I do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jun 2019 11:11 #137884 by pl7i92

More
26 Jun 2019 12:50 #137892 by cmorley
It would be helpful to have more context.
What are you using to do this tool change ?
Is this a manual mode, is it a remap toolchange?
During toolchanges in auto mode the spindle is usually turned off automatically.

Chris M

More
26 Jun 2019 22:16 #137934 by JetForMe
This is just a safety interlock, but I think I actually need to stop program execution as well as the spindle. I'll give halui a try.a

More
27 Jun 2019 02:01 #137948 by cmorley
This is just general information;
to get good and direct answers, it really helps to give as much detail as possible.
and to answer any questions asked as best you can.

You started with asking about turning the spindle off, now you are talking about aborting the program.
Tell us in detail what you are try to achieve.
A safety interlock for what action?

For instance an interlock on the door might stock the spindle and stop the feeding, but not abort the program or you may prefer to abort the program (which would stop the spindle automatically if the spindle is computer controlled like yours).

Chris M

More
28 Jun 2019 23:49 #138142 by JetForMe
As I said, safety interlock.

There's a million moving pieces as I put this machine together. I sometimes get bogged down in a detail. Nevertheless, this is how I learn so an answer to my question as asked is very helpful to me, as is an answer to the larger question of how to achieve what I'm trying to achieve.

What am I trying to achieve? Building a router table.

More
29 Jun 2019 18:10 #138186 by cmorley

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds