Gearchange help controlling a BLDC motor

More
02 Oct 2019 18:45 #146887 by tacklem60
Do you happen to know how I could fix the issue where my speed seems to flatten out near 550 RPM?
Like I said, I'm assuming it's because I have 2 points near 1300RPM with very different actual speeds but I don't know how I would work around that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2019 05:11 #146950 by andypugh
Do you have any sort of input that tells the system which gear is engaged?

I think I would use two lincurves, one for each gear, then switch between their outputs using a mux2 operated by the gear switch.

More
03 Oct 2019 05:56 #146953 by tacklem60
I don't have any system to tell the control which belt speed it is in and didn't plan on adding one because I seldom use low range.

The way I hoped to do it was similar to a toolchange in Linux where there was maybe a pop-up if a speed below 1300RPM is requested and it waits until I click ok to continue. I know that is basically what Pathpilot does for Tormach and it is LinuxCNC based. I just don't know how they accomplish it

More
03 Oct 2019 08:27 #146961 by pl7i92
you also need a parameter VAR at the startup loaded to tell the last known state
but it is as no feedback always a problem of the user

and it needs not to be that hard coded only the use of the mux shoudt give you a clear value

More
04 Oct 2019 01:36 #147062 by andypugh
You can set up the message component to ask for a gear change.
Use wcomp to set a bit that is true for a range from (say) 5 rpm to 500, and then use the "over" to set a bit to ask for high gear.

linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/wcomp.9.html
linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/message.9.html

(It's probably worth having a quick scan through all the HAL components at: linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/ ("Realtime components and kernel modules")

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds