How to install Lube.py?

More
19 Apr 2020 01:34 #164560 by chrishayes
Hello, thank you to all those who post here! I’ve been using the forums archives for the past month to convert an Emco 120p lathe. I have everything running and controllable at this point having never used linuxcnc or even Linux itself before. Never could have gotten here without all those on these boards! Thank you!

The Vogel line pump system is working through the control but I’ve found the wiki Centralized lubricator wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?CentralizedLubricator. I am having trouble getting this to work and hoping someone can help me since I can’t find any archived info on this.

The instructions had me copy some lines into the Hal file which is easy enough but then there is the lube.py component that I downloaded and placed into the config folder. Problem is that I don’t know how to install the component in the command line or otherwise. As of now, with the Hal file lines and the lube.py in the config folder, when I try to start linuxcnc(2.7.14) I get an error saying that the lube.py file doesn’t exist or can’t be found. I assume I have to install it somehow but don’t know what command to use or where to start. I’d appreciate any help very much.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Apr 2020 04:40 #164581 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic How to install Lube.py?
What distribution are you using and is it an installed version or a compiled version?
What version of linuxcnc are you using?

More
19 Apr 2020 04:56 #164584 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic How to install Lube.py?
try this (depending on your file manager the tabs etc might be called diffeent but the process should be the same.
Find the lube.py file using the file manager and right click it.
select 'permissions' tab
select 'make executable' checkbox.

switch back to 'basic' tab.
look for 'location'
copy it to the hal file so it looks like this (obviously you will have a different path):

loadusr -W /home/chris/emc-dev/configs/sim/qtvcp_screens/lube.py

Chris
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrishayes, DoWerna

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds