Locking latching Button for Machine ON / OFF

More
03 Jun 2020 08:25 #169920 by denhen89
Hello guys,
i have ordered couple of buttons, some are momentary type button the others locking buttons. I want to have a physical locking button for Machine On/Off and later also for coolant if needed.

With the below code the machine goes on when pushing the button, but when i release it it stays on, i have to push the button again to power off the machine:
net btn-pwr toggle.0.in <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-04
net pwr-btn toggle2nist.0.in <= toggle.0.out
net tog-on toggle2nist.0.is-on <= halui.machine.is-on
net pwr-on halui.machine.on <= toggle2nist.0.on
net pwr-off halui.machine.off <= toggle2nist.0.off

I am not sure which commands i need to power off the machine when the button is released. On the Toggle2nist doc page i have read that the command is for a momentary button, so i am wondering if there is a command for a locking button?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2020 19:27 #169981 by denhen89
Would be great if someone could help me out with that or at least point me to the right direction :D.

The button gives 24v output when pressed - when released 0V.
There has to be a way to get it to work, but i cant find any information about a similar situation here in the forum.

More
03 Jun 2020 19:35 #169982 by tommylight

Hello guys,
i have ordered couple of buttons, some are momentary type button the others locking buttons. I want to have a physical locking button for Machine On/Off and later also for coolant if needed.

With the below code the machine goes on when pushing the button, but when i release it it stays on, i have to push the button again to power off the machine:
net btn-pwr toggle.0.in <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.input-04
net pwr-btn toggle2nist.0.in <= toggle.0.out
net tog-on toggle2nist.0.is-on <= halui.machine.is-on
net pwr-on halui.machine.on <= toggle2nist.0.on
net pwr-off halui.machine.off <= toggle2nist.0.off

I am not sure which commands i need to power off the machine when the button is released. On the Toggle2nist doc page i have read that the command is for a momentary button, so i am wondering if there is a command for a locking button?

Thanks in advance.

Give me some time to think it over.

More
03 Jun 2020 19:46 #169988 by tommylight
linuxcnc.org/docs/devel/html/man/man9/oneshot.9.html
Seems that would do what you need.
And then there is also edge component.
Between the two, that should work.

More
03 Jun 2020 19:49 #169990 by tommylight
From some more reading it looks like oneshot will work, it just needs two instances to trigger one on the raising edge and the other on the falling edge, then attach outputs to the machine is enabled or wherever you need it to.

More
03 Jun 2020 19:53 #169992 by denhen89
Thank you very much Tommy!
Just about 15min ago i found the oneshot command but i wasnt sure if that will work.
I will give my best to get it to work by my self, because i would like to understand and not just paste and copy.
Thanks for your time!

More
03 Jun 2020 20:11 #169994 by tommylight
Just spent some 10 minutes with it, not that easy needs something .......

More
03 Jun 2020 20:28 #169999 by denhen89
That does not motivate me :D

I have found this interesting thread: forum.linuxcnc.org/24-hal-components/352...-oneshot-won-t-shoot

I do not believe that i will get it done without any help. That does not mean that i will not try - i have spent already about 6 hours to get it done :) and i really would like to learn and understand, but almost everytime i want to do something without any help i am thinking that i am just not smart enough for those kind of things :D

More
03 Jun 2020 21:06 #170009 by tommylight
Already went over that topic, nice title ! :)
You are at the same point i was a few (quite a few) years back, getting to know Linuxcnc (EMC2 back then) when i bumped into the components page and got shocked by how much stuff can be done with those small components! Was a huge and pleasant surprise that opened a door to new possibilities.
On the main page of LinuxCNC is the section named "Community", so helping each other is "enabled by default" :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: denhen89

More
03 Jun 2020 21:15 #170011 by rodw

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds