Locking latching Button for Machine ON / OFF

More
03 Jun 2020 21:21 #170012 by tommylight
Nope, he needs the reverse of that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2020 21:31 #170017 by denhen89
@tommy : Maybe it just takes time, but i have sometimes problems to understand functions like and2 or2 etc. . Currently i am a bit in hurry, because soon i will be finished the mechanical part on the lathe and then i want to start the electrical parts. For now the only thing i need to know is how i get that "locking button" to work properly, my spindle encoder works but i dont know if its possible to test it without a running spindle? PS: this is the button i am using: locking latching 6pin: pl.aliexpress.com/item/10000004249317.ht...1.0.0.71075c0fO0w68v

@rod: I have tried toggle function on yesterday and still have the code in my hal. That are only 2 lines:
net button-pwr-on <= toggle.0.in <= hm2_7i76e.0.7i76.0.0.output-04 <= halui.machine.on
net power off <= halui.machine.off <= toggle.0.out

What it does (after going out of e-stop when linuxcnc is on): When pushing the button machine goes on, when releasing the button, machine stays on.
When pushing the button again machine goes off. Then i have to release it and push it again to make machine on.

More
04 Jun 2020 17:14 #170105 by Todd Zuercher
The problem with trying to use a physical latching switch for on/off in Linuxcnc is that there are so many things with in Linuxcnc that can turn the machine off internally. A physically latched switch can't be unlatched by Linuxcnc. A far better option is to use a momentary button for on/off that has an indicater light, (light is on when machine is on). Rather than rely on the position of a physical switch to indicate on/off state.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denhen89

More
04 Jun 2020 22:48 #170161 by denhen89
Thanks Todd.
So, do I understand it correctly that it's not possible, not even with the oneshot function?
It would be nice to have the latching button working, but if not then I will try to convert it to a momentary button. Actually I ordered 9 buttons, 5 momentary and 4 latching buttons. Unfortunately all momentary buttons have their place on my machine, so I will have to find a way to use the latching buttons somehow.

Would it be possible to do it with classic ladder ?

Thanks in advance.

More
05 Jun 2020 10:45 #170232 by denhen89
Hello,
first of all thanks for all your help.

I just want to inform you guys that i managed to convert the stainless steel "anti vandal" LED button from a latching one to a momentary button, which was pretty easy and quick to do.

Now i managed also to connect a output to from the mesa to the original button LED. Now when pressing the button, the machine goes on and the LED stays on, when pressing again the machine goes off as well as the LED.

This is what i wanted to achieve and i am happy that i got it to work.

Thanks again for your time. I would say this thread is "solved" and can be closed :D

Have a nice weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds