Changing negative analog voltage from Ethercat terminal to VFD

More
13 Jul 2020 17:40 #174520 by chimeno
Hello @CORBETT,
Thanks for the compliments, I'm just trying to help from what little I know, I'm glad I was helpful.

Hello @tommylight
Thank you very much for the compliments, I do not know much compared to you, I will try to help in what I can.

Greeting
Chimeno
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, CORBETT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jul 2020 06:10 #175113 by CORBETT
@Chimeno,

Albert, you have helped me big time in the past, and as always I am super grateful.

Back when I was having problems with the EL5151's, you helped me figure out my problem with the logic voltage and it has changed everything. I had totally overlooked the problem as I assumed everything was fine when the input LED's were flashing rapidly. I learned a lot about "Weak Pull-Up Resistors", and I should never make the mistake again LOL I was pulling my hair out at times and just plain aggravated that I could not get it working before you helped enlighten me through TwinCAT. I will never forget seeing the A-B channels finally register in TwinCAT, then I set it up in LCNC, and the counter finally was adding counts. It was a super awesome day for me as I finally had everything working fully through EtherCAT instead of a hybrid machine with a Parallel Port and slow slow speed.

But the main reason I was super happy about getting it working was because of my father. In the middle of last year both of my parents were diagnosed with Cancer only 3 weeks apart. My mom was stage 3 with breast and lymph node cancer and my dads was esophageal, both were serious life threatening surgeries, my father had a 50/50 chance just making it through surgery. I had been working feverishly to get this machine back online to make some parts he was wanting and trying to balance spending as much time with them every day that I could. I did not get it done before his surgery but that did not matter at the time as only my parents mattered. Material things don't mean anything when a family member is facing death. But thankfully he made it through the surgery and has been recovering this year, and I have been trying to help him with projects he has been wanting to do to keep himself going and not stop life.

So now the machine is working better than it came from Hurco as it is running fully on EtherCAT and is rock solid on reliability unlike before. My dad knows that "Albert from Spain" has helped get the machine working fully again. It was sad when the OEM computer went out back 2+ years ago, but now it was all worth it to retrofit with EtherCAT. As always, I greatly appreciate the help and wish I could return the favor, but you are way more advanced on EtherCAT and I will never catch up LOL.

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno

More
19 Jul 2020 08:09 #175122 by tommylight
@Corbett
Glad your parents made it through, that i very hard .....
The following user(s) said Thank You: chimeno, CORBETT

More
19 Jul 2020 15:00 #175151 by CORBETT
@Tommylight

Tom, I appreciate that. My parents mean the world to me as they sacrificed a lot for me and my brother when we were growing up. So I definitely have great love for them, and glad that they are still here with us.

Also, me and my father love the plasma tube cutter that you have built. I showed him the youtube video you posted last year, it's the red frame model with the yellow sign "CNC BY TOMA MADE IN KOSOVA".

Thank you,
Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Jul 2020 15:40 - 19 Jul 2020 15:41 #175156 by tommylight
My dad had cancer, colon, operated and removed in 2000, stage 5 liver cancer therapy in U.S.A for nearly 7 months nearly killed him in 2008, but he recovered and is still alive and kicking.
Yeah, i built that while i was working as a General Manager at a local company in two weeks, so evenings only. They went on to build a border crossing at 82X36 meters, all from 193mm round tube in two months time. And a lot of other things. Never failed.
Last edit: 19 Jul 2020 15:41 by tommylight. Reason: typo
The following user(s) said Thank You: CORBETT

More
19 Jul 2020 17:28 #175164 by chimeno
Hello @Corbett
I'm glad your parents are fine in the end! This type of situation is very hard, I hope that everything goes well for you!

Greeting
Chimeno
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, CORBETT

More
20 Jul 2020 15:57 #175262 by CORBETT
@Tommylight

Man that is just as hard also as I would have had a hard time dealing with this 20 years ago. Chemo is way way better now and I am sure your Dad went through some really rough times. I saw how bad Radiation and Chemo did both of my parents and today's equipment and medicine is way better than 10 or especially 20 years ago, so I can only imagine how it affected your Dad. Today it is much more targeted to help with reducing damage to other parts of the body, both were lucky to get the new Proton Radiation machines. My Mom was really having a hard time with Chemo and we had to help keep her spirits up as she stated several times that if she knew how bad it was to go through that she never would have started treatment and let nature take its course. That was hard for me to hear at the time as I definitely did not want to loose either of them, but I couldn't force my Mom to do something she did not want to do. Thankfully she did battle through it and did get past most of the side effects. She lost all of her hair, but it is growing back. My Dad was lucky and didn't loose his hair.

Glad to hear that your Father made it through such a rough type of cancer, both Colon and Liver are really bad to deal with especially the Colon. And that was a long time back at this point, so I am sure you feel the same way and glad that he is still here.

@Chimeno
I appreciate the kind words and yes things have been going good. Just hope they get past all of this and can have more time together. This September will be their 50th wedding anniversary and hope they get to that mark. Plus since my Dad FINALLY retired it will give him so time to tinker with projects he has been wanting to do.

Thanks,
Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.318 seconds