How to find Modbus register addresses?

More
21 Aug 2020 01:58 #178889 by jhandel
I am configuring a VFD with MB2HAL, I am trying to work out how to find the addresses of the different configurations is there a trick to that when all the documentation says is "yup we got modbus" and the extend of the modbus details are the 5 or 6 parameters to configure it..

My doc's settings tables is 20 sections spanning
26 pages with hundreds of settings from F00.00 to F19.17..

attacked is the top of the table just to show the only function settings data the instructions have.

I would love it if there happens to be a "standard" to addresses or if there was a way to do a register dumb so I could work out the pattern..

Anyways, any help on being able to map the parameterID to some kind of register address would be awesome..

*spindle controller is a SINEE EA200 and it supports encoding and even a special mode for rigid tapping.. I would mostly love to get Torque & real RPM data from ModBus I am still debating if I am going to let Modbus control the spindle or just give me status.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2020 07:15 #178906 by rmu
It is possible that Fxx.yy maps to register xxyy or some variation of that (numbers in hex or decimal, ...). If there is no documentation, you will have to try.

pymodbus is quite handy for such exploratory surgery. I would start with a short script that tries to read every register address and writes results into a csv, it should be possible to infer something from the values and errors obtained.

More
21 Aug 2020 18:23 #178947 by Mike_Eitel
If you are with ModBusTCP there is a nice android app called HMI Modbus.
Easy to test mb devices.
In theory this can also do RTU, but i never tried converter for usb to rs485 with android.
Mike

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds