Linux parallel port @35840 not found

More
26 Oct 2020 00:50 #187261 by hoffeys
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this. I set Parallel Port 1 in stepconf to 0x8C00 and I'm able to get the X Y Z motors to react when I test them. When I try a test run with the sample file I get this error. I don't know why it is looking for 35840 when I set it in stepconf to the correct address and it works there. All I could find online was a reference to setting loadrt hal_parport cfg="XxXXXX" in my hal file. When I look in my .hal file the port is correctly set to "0x8c00 out" but I still get the "port not found" error when loading up the sample file.

Background: A woodworker friend of mine was given a custom built cnc router without any software or computer from an acquaintance that had brain surgery and "can't remember how it works" after the surgery. I set up a Linux PC with an addon PCI parallel port and LinuxCNC but this is as far as I've been able to get.

Here is a link to an album with photos of the setup and error message. Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2020 02:32 #187267 by BeagleBrainz
The bigger problem is the latency issue. Have you run a latency test on the PC.

More
26 Oct 2020 03:18 #187269 by hoffeys
Yes, it passed the latency test fine.

More
26 Oct 2020 03:35 #187271 by BeagleBrainz
Oh ok.

Can you attach your hal & ini files ? Then run the following and post any output relating to the parallel port.
lspci -vn

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds