Interfacing a Yaskawa parallel I/o board

More
16 Nov 2020 03:11 #189491 by JR1050
Latest project is a retro on a 1980 Matsuura 760v, originally a Yasnac Mx1 control. The yasnac uses what I believe to be a parallel interface to its I/o board. The connector to it has the following signals, d0-d7(data bits) , data bit(strobe, I think) a high and low bit for both defining a input or out put and two more signals that I'm not to sure of, maybe clock signals?. Pictures attached

I have C programming experience , but I have never written a device driver and when I read the other posts , I quickly realized that there are many talented programmers on this forum. Im hoping some of you can point me in the right direction.

What I have in mind initially is to hook all if the original signal listed on the connector K in the picture into standard mesa I/o as bits. It seems like I should be able to sum the data bits into an integer. It also would seem that when actuating an input, along with the data bits being output, the strobe and bits defining an in or out should be output also.

This is a bit out of the area of my expertise, it looks like the " out 8" example from the component section of the manual is a start . This seems like a not terribly difficult and worthwhile component to add to the lcnc list. Not having to cut and reterminate existing wiring is huge plus.
Help?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds