xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues

More
15 Jun 2021 10:12 #212109 by MRx
Replied by MRx on topic xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues
What is that stepmode 5_10?

Another issue (possibly configuration based), I cannot move outside of the defined area if I use the pendant before homing the device.
I do manual homing on my lathe and I don't really need automatic homing for it (I only do automatic homing on my mill)

1. if I use the pendant for jogging I cannot jog outside of the initial Z limit, once I touch it I have to do step 2 to make the keyboard work for jogging beyond the limit.
2. I have to un-home the axis
3. afterwards I can move outside that area and home it with cursors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2021 21:52 #212294 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues
Is the usleep necessary?
I wonder if the main loop can set the pin back to zero if it sees that the machine is now un-paused and the un-pause pin is high.
Rather than waiting in the function for it to take effect.

More
18 Jun 2021 09:10 #212318 by MRx
the waiting period is very small and all the functions are basically based on user inputs via the input pads, when using it I did not notice any issue or lag with that.
Before there was a 300 millisecond timeout because linuxcnc did not see the signal changes, now there's no such timeout anymore, I guess the timeout could be lowered quite a lot.

Not sure if it's worth to rebase any of that, especially since it only affects START / PAUSE / CONTINUE, operations that are supposed to not be toggled 10 times per second.
The usleep is mainly there to throttle the loop, there's no other notification eg. via sysv ipc available isn't there?

More
21 Jun 2021 20:57 #212595 by MRx

Great !

Can i ask your review for :
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/83bed5...hb04b-6/main.cc#L217
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/blob/83bed5...4b-6/pendant.cc#L624

Thanks

seems like that works properly I'm using it already thanks!

More
22 Jun 2021 06:05 #212642 by alkabal
Replied by alkabal on topic xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues
Hi

Thanks for checking, but in my memories if you remove the args B the big step option stay active.

More
25 Jun 2021 06:17 - 25 Jun 2021 06:20 #212878 by MRx
I have found some other issue, or feature?

Is it meant to skip every second switch when using the handwheel for spindle control?
When the pendant is set to Lead [1] (see footnote, would be very useful)

So far we have a few issues left:
- It's not possible to jog outside of the designated area with the handwheel (before homing!), I have no homing switches on my lathe at the moment (at least they're not wired up yet). The jogging is not limited in the xhc driver but in linuxcnc it seems.

[1] Spindle Override, spindle+ and spindle- only cover a certain range, is there a way to extend this range to the minimum and maximum spindle speed?
It would be nice to be able to define the step size for spindle+ and spindle- on the pendant.
S-ON/S-OFF is only switching the spindle on on my side, the stop button is stopping the spindle, this should be changed (to match the printing on the pendant).
Last edit: 25 Jun 2021 06:20 by MRx.

More
25 Jun 2021 16:07 #212911 by rgb
Replied by rgb on topic xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues
Thanks for digging into this. I had stopped using the pendant because of this issue. I assumed I had hosed a hal setting but had not looked into it yet.

More
26 Jun 2021 07:19 #212949 by MRx
I'm using the pendant almost daily, so I'm trying to improve the user handling of this part.

What I'm also missing is a constant feedrate jogging - the wheel is good and has its purpose however sometimes it's also useful to just push a cursor button for constant feedrate cutting (maybe Macro 3/6/8/9 could be used for that).

if you have some other ideas just write them here for evaluating them.

More
26 Jun 2021 08:31 #212952 by alkabal
Replied by alkabal on topic xhc-whb04b-(4/6) issues
Hi

First i apologize, i have some difficulty to understand exactly what is your issue with Lead mode and same for your "certain range" limit for spindle +- . (have you see the macro 3/4 for speed increase/decrease ?)

Your welcome for enhance this driver, but macro 3/4 are hardcoded for for spindle +-

From my config using the button S-ON/S-OFF for start and stop the spindle work fine.

Maybe a new feature can be added for jog program., see :
forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...rt-program-using-mpg

Br

More
26 Jun 2021 11:09 #212956 by MRx
If it's in lead mode, it will need 2 "clicks" on the wheel to change the value, that's because one click is used to pull the signal high and the second click to pull the signal low.

So not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds