Did I manage to debounce my home/limit switches?

More
14 Sep 2021 20:43 - 14 Sep 2021 20:44 #220649 by EddySPalm
I was SO hoping I would figure this one out on my own, by means of searching, but I am too much of a novice to only be reading up on situations that are similar to mine, but not exactly the same.
So, my problem is false triggering of my limit switches, which are also my home switches (only one for each axis, so 3 in total). The problem is so bad I can't even start the spindle. it takes a maximum of 5 seconds until the switches gives a false trigger.
I have done a few obvious things that I could try vefore going out to buy shielded cables, ferrites, filters and whatnot:
- Rewired from NO to NC, which I have read is a more stable way of wiring to prevent false triggering. PS: this actually made the false triggering more pronounced. Go figure? The switches are mechanical "finger type switches from Omron, which conveniently has NO, NC and C to connect to.
- I have separated motor cables (both stepper and spindle) from switch wiring as best as I can. 

With that out of the way, I wanted to try debouncing, as it seems many users one here has had good luck remedy'ing their false triggering by doing this. As far as I have understood, the debouncing should be added to where the pin for the home limit switches are set (pin 15 in my case).

Would anyone be so kind to take a look whether or not I have managed to debounce my limit home/limit switch signal? 
I (think I) have attached my HAL file below.

File Attachment:

File Name: F1P-CNC.hal
File Size:4 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Sep 2021 20:44 by EddySPalm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2021 21:59 #220953 by tommylight

More
17 Sep 2021 22:54 - 17 Sep 2021 22:55 #220958 by PCW
You are missing the debounce output connection

I'd probably dump the lut5 and just do this:

net all-limit-home-raw <= parport.0.pin-15-in debounce.0.0.in
net all-limit-home debounce.0.0.out

and then connect all the joint limits/homes to all-limit-home
Last edit: 17 Sep 2021 22:55 by PCW.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds