Spindle at speed

More
22 Sep 2021 19:32 #221367 by russkinch
Spindle at speed was created by russkinch
Good evening,Well, it's been a ride since 2018 when I started this project. Since then, I have taken the Warco lathe, added a 1HP 2840RPM motor. Done away with the dovetail bed and made linear rails. Gang tooling and a 385KG epoxy granite frame and enclosure. This forum has been a fountain of information. One last stumbling block though, waiting for the spindle to reach commanded speed before cutting, and commanded speed different to actual (measured with RPM meter which agrees with the Axis RPM counter). So, first problem. I ask for M4 S1000, the actual speed is 1040RPM. Not too bad. I ask for 1350, I get 1575. I ask for 1500 I get 1726, I ask for 2000 I get over 2250RPM, the higher I go the more out it is. I am using a Bosch EFC3610 VFD getting 0-10V. I have set up the VFD using the plate on the motor. It uses 50Hz, 2840RPM max at 10V. Using a potentiometer on the front of VFD the motor spins at what is requested. I have a feeling my HAL is out somewhere. I am using an index and phase A on my spindle with a 60 slot plate attached to the spindle.  I read I can make it a closed loop spindle???? No idea how. The second issue is waiting for the spindle to come to speed. My VFD is set to get to the required RPM in 4 seconds, thus not putting a huge strain on the motor. Again, I think my HAL is wrong. Reading pages and pages on Google and here, I am even more confused. I have attached my HAL file and my post HAL file. Any help much appreciated. 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2021 20:02 #221370 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Spindle at speed
For spindel-at-speed setup you might want to add something like this to your hal:
[code]# load a near component and attach it to a thread
loadrt near
addf near.0 servo-thread

# connect one input to the commanded spindle speed
net spindle-cmd => near.0.in1

# connect one input to the encoder-measured spindle speed
net spindle-velocity => near.0.in2

# connect the output to the spindle-at-speed input
net spindle-at-speed spindle.0.at-speed <= near.0.out

# set the spindle speed inputs to agree if within 1%
setp near.0.scale 1.01
[/code]

See section 6.2 :http://linuxcnc.org/docs/html/examples/spindle.html

I'm not really familiar with the PWM settings, but have you tried to adjust 'pwmgen.0.scale'?

More
22 Sep 2021 20:06 #221371 by russkinch
Replied by russkinch on topic Spindle at speed
Hi, I will add that in the morning and see if it works. I have not adjusted the pwmgen.0.scale as what I read this is the maximum speed of the motor. But, again, I will try in the morning and see if it works.

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds