ENCODER COMPONENT rtAS5048a

More
01 Mar 2022 12:23 #236099 by rbobey1989
SIM_ENCODER was created by rbobey1989
Hello, how long since the last time, I have been resuming some small projects that I had stopped. I am using the sim_encoder component to perform some tests since I am developing another component for an SPI encoder (AS5048a) in which I have connected and displaying the count with pyvcp, sim_encoder is working but I would like to simulate rotation changes (clockwise and anticlockwise) and I can't find anything about it in the documentation, if someone could shed some light here it would be of great help, greetings and thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2022 13:04 #236108 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic SIM_ENCODER
I don't think that sim_encoder is likely to be much use here, as all it does is generate pulses to simulate a quadrature encoder. (ie, the A, B and Z pulses)
So, how is this helping with your SPI encoder?

More
01 Mar 2022 13:12 #236110 by rbobey1989
Replied by rbobey1989 on topic SIM_ENCODER
I try to connect my spi encoder with the PID controller, and generate the rawcounts, counts etc signals, so it would be good to simulate all these signals with the sim_encoder module connected to the encoder module in hal and thus be able to observe behaviors for later implementation in a module.comp that is in production

More
12 Mar 2022 22:09 #237029 by rbobey1989
hello here once again, I have made progress and I have managed to reproduce the necessary signals to perform a closed loop control in the component that I have been developing for the SPI AS5048a encoder, it works well and corrects the position when I deviate the motor shaft.
Now my question is the following, when I make a large enough deviation (1/4 turn) it throws me a following error in the joint in question, I don't understand how I could calculate or specify how much deviation the PID controller could correct, I thought that this It could be related to FERROR but I have modified it and I have not noticed that it can increase the deviation without the error appearing, I do not know if I have explained myself enough, however any help is appreciated

More
12 Mar 2022 22:21 #237031 by rbobey1989
hahahaha, the truth is that there is nothing that a little reading can not fix, this sentence says it all:
Think of MIN_FERROR as the amount of following error (distance) allowed at very low speed and FERROR as the distance allowed during fast movements!!!!
anyway thanks

More
12 Mar 2022 22:27 #237033 by tommylight
@rbobey1989
Please do not change the subject when replying, it makes a mess with the database and whoever is trying to help.
Thank you.
If anyone needs to change the title, ask us mods/admins so we can change it for the entire topic.

More
12 Mar 2022 22:29 #237034 by rbobey1989
sorry, it was not my intention
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
12 Mar 2022 22:39 #237038 by tommylight
No need to be sorry, it is there to be changed, but the way the forum works it changes with every reply, so the main original tittle keeps changing.
Also, we all remember tittles of the topic we reply so when we search for it .... :)
BTW, forgot to ask, what should the tittle be ?

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds