Unable to reverse jog directions using Logitech F310

More
01 Aug 2022 15:55 #248796 by flyngti
Hi All

New to Linuxcnc -- I used the steps at wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Simple_Remote_Pendant to add a Logitech F310 controller to my new machine. For starters, it seems some things have changed with the F310 because the one I just bought does not report itself as "Logitech Logitech Dual Action". Mine is something like "Generic X-Box" and the button names were different. After I got that all sorted, the joypad was working (jog direction alone=no movement. speed button+jog direction=slow, medium or fast depending on which button pressed) but the jog directions were reversed on the Y and Z axes.

According to the documentation: * To reverse the direction of an axis add the following, in my case both Y and Z were backwards.
setp input.0.abs-y-scale -127.5
setp input.0.abs-rz-scale -127.5
When I tried this, the jog direction did change, but the axis would move on a speed button press rather than a button press+jog direction. Part of my problem here is not understanding what this "scale" line is supposed to do. I'm assuming the negative is to change the direction (which it does) but what's the point of the value? I also tried just using -1 but got the same result -- motion with just a button press.

Any help is appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2022 14:49 #248844 by flyngti
Well, I figured this out. Using halmeter, I checked the "normal" value of input.0.abs-y-scale and it was 32767.5 . I set this to -32767.5 and it worked to reverse the jog direction. I'm assuming that 127.5 was the correct value for the joypad used in the wiki page and perhaps this is controller specific.

More
02 Aug 2022 22:35 #248875 by andypugh

Well, I figured this out. Using halmeter, I checked the "normal" value of input.0.abs-y-scale and it was 32767.5 . I set this to -32767.5 and it worked to reverse the jog direction. I'm assuming that 127.5 was the correct value for the joypad used in the wiki page and perhaps this is controller specific.

To a geek, those numbers are obviously 16 bit signed integer max and 8 bit signed integer max. 

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds