dbouce.so: cannot open shared object file

More
14 Mar 2023 23:24 #266714 by Tilman
Hi,

after loading dbounce in my machine.hal, LinuxCNC exits with the following error message:

dbounce: dlopen: /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/dbounce.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

All other realtime components load fine so far. I checked the path but dbounce.so is present at /usr/lib/linuxcnc/modules/.
The error shows up as soon as I try load the component with
loadrt dbounce names=dbounce_probe

The machine runs fine now for 3 years. LinuxCNC is 2.8 on Debian 9.13.0. My "old" config can be found here but it doesn't include the changes I just tried to make: github.com/hausen8/AL_1105

Any help is appreciated,
Tilman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2023 12:35 #266912 by andypugh
I am unclear why dbounce might not be working, but you could use the (older, similar) "debounce" instead.

More
17 Mar 2023 18:19 #266929 by Tilman
Well, I could but since I called all components with names, I would like to keep this order. I just had the idea to check owner and rights, assuming that all modules shold have the same owner/group/permissions.

What if I copy dbounce.so from another computer with LCNC 2.8 into this folder? Could this work?

More
17 Mar 2023 19:43 #266938 by andypugh
Well, because you used names= you can (probably) just change the loadrt dbounce names=.... to loadrt debounce names=...

More
17 Mar 2023 22:58 #266948 by Tilman
Surely not because debounce will be loaded with filter groups (loadrt debounce cfg=N,N).

But you're right: Instead of wasting time trying to get dbouce working I should rather give debounce a try.

More
17 Mar 2023 23:41 #266952 by andypugh
You can check it very quickly.

halrun
loadrt debounce cfg=2,2
exit

If that doesn't error, then it's worth continuing.

More
16 Aug 2023 06:30 #278122 by Tilman
I almost forgot this topic but I should post at least what was wrong:

In fact dbounce.so was missing. Adding the module solved the problem. Besides I know two more cases with missing dbounce.so. At least in one case it was LCNC 2.8.4, like in my case. Is it possible that in 2.8.4 this module is simply missing?

Kind regards,
Tilman

More
16 Aug 2023 07:03 #278129 by phillc54

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds