HAL, GUI IO test panel, and ClassicLadder etst procedures

More
06 Sep 2023 18:04 #280131 by tropostudio
I'm looking for input on a best approach to testing a large ClassicLadder program with a lot of physical IO into my Howa VMC retrofit.

Current status of the machine:
  • I can test/control all physical IO through a GladeVCP panel in Axis.  The IO runs through 2 MESA 6i24 PCIe boards and IO optoisolation boards of my own make. MESA pins are set as required in in file howa-io.hal; GladeVCP panel is in file howa-io.ui; IO signals and pins are set up and connected in howa-pgui.hal.
  • 7 Mitsubishi servo drives (6 position servos and 1 spindle) can be controlled though Axis via one of dmitry's YMDS2P interface cards. HAL pins are set and connected in howa-nyx.hal.  Connections to Axis interface pins for the servos  are made in howa-io.hal.
  •  Old Meldas ladder for the machine has been transcribed into desktop version of ClassicLadder. It works pretty well in software -still debugging. It's a really big CL program.  I am 99% sure I can get it ported into LCNC :)
Biggest question I have is what is the best way to connect the ClassicLadder outputs to the Physical Outputs?  Here are few lines from my current howa-pgui.hal file:

# Panel LEDs
net  auto-running gladevcp.auto-running_tglbutton => hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).1.gpio.048.out
net  feed-hold gladevcp.feed-hold_tglbutton => hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).1.gpio.049.out
net  all-home-pos gladevcp.all-home-pos_tglbutton => hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).1.gpio.050.out

I assume I could do something like this in file called  howa-ladder.hal :

net Q0  classicladder.0.out-00 => hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).1.gpio.048.out
net Q1  classicladder.0.out-01 => hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).1.gpio.049.out
net Q2  classicladder.0.out-02 => hm2_[HOSTMOT2](BOARD).1.gpio.050.out

Would it be possible to 'exclusive or' the ClassicLadder inputs and outputs with corresponding gladevcp inputs and outputs, or would that cause problems with ClassicLadder IO being placed in the pgui.hal file?

After testing I will ditch or hide the gladevcp panel to avoid hazards of duplicitous IO.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds