Jog buttons + Rapid button

More
15 Sep 2023 11:34 #280833 by GDTH
Hello Everyone,I'm working on updating my Bridgeport Interact 4 Series 2 and it's mostly going well. But I'm stuck trying to set up the joystick for the Z-axis. I tried a few different things but haven't had any luck.I used these commands:
"net jog-z-pos halui.axis.z.plus" "net jog-z-neg halui.axis.z.minus"
I also found out that there have been some changes in the recent versions. I'm confused about the difference between
halui.axis.z.plus
and
joint.0.plus
.I've also heard about something called 'teleop,' but I don't really understand what it does.The only other potential issue that I can think of is that I might not have selected the Z-axis properly. I tried using
axis-select-z halui.axis.z.select
, but I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct approach.If anyone can help or point me to some easy-to-understand guides, that would be awesome.Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Sep 2023 15:52 - 15 Sep 2023 16:04 #280860 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Jog buttons + Rapid button
This came with the separation of 'joints' and 'axes'. On a regular cartesian machine this simply means: Before homing you have only joints and after homing you have 'axes'.

So if we take these two hal lines:

net jog-z-pos halui.axis.z.plus
net jog-z-neg halui.axis.z.minus

If you have your external jog signal connected to the signals 'jog-z-pos' and 'jog-z-neg' then you should be able to jog your z axis _after_ homing the machine.

If you want to be able to also jog the Zaxis _before_ homing then you would also need these lines (presuming that joint2 is mapped to axisZ):

net jog-z-pos halui.joint.2.plus
net jog-z-neg halui.joint.2.minus

Same goes for selecting joints/axes.

This will select the z axis (ie after homing):

net axis-select-z halui.axis.z.select

while this will select joint 2 (ie before homing):

net axis-select-z halui.joint.2.select

[edit]
As for 'teleop mode', this means coordinated movement vs 'joint mode'. This was/is relevant mostly for non-trivial machines (eg robots, hexapods, etc) where you can use the '$' key to switch between the two modes to be able to jog in cartesian mode or individual joints. With this you could also jog individual motors on a gantry with tandem joints.
Last edit: 15 Sep 2023 16:04 by Aciera.
The following user(s) said Thank You: poesel

More
15 Sep 2023 18:33 #280878 by GDTH
Replied by GDTH on topic Jog buttons + Rapid button
Thanks that makes it a lot more clearer.
I did try it after homing the z, or do all axes need to be homed? eitherway i'll have another go tomorow.

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds