On-the-fly components?

More
21 Jan 2024 10:13 #291251 by blazini36
Replied by blazini36 on topic On-the-fly components?
Rod, why do you mention Odroids in every one of my posts like I've never heard of them when I'm the one who got you to buy your first H2? I guarantee you I have more machines with H2/H3s in them than anyone else.....in fact I'm the grand daddy of LinuxCNC on Odroids. BTW, none of my H3s have FPGAs on-board and they're all bigger than a Rpi especially when I attach a Mesa card so I have no Idea why you even brought that up.

You reply to most of my posts so I'm sure you're aware that I'm usually not messing with a plasma, or a mill, or a lathe. and I'm usually not just sticking a vanilla Mesa card in it. I have those machines, I don't post about them because there's nothing to post....it's been done a million times over. There's nothing special as far as RT resources that a "Fully configured Plasma, 7i76e...." is doing in HAL. Addressing some hardware stepgens and some IO isn't taxing. I'm not gonna get too far off on a tangent about what I'm doing but trust me, I'm running alot more soft RT on this project than ever will on that plasma. I'll reiterate the actual question I have since I don't want it to get burried like it tends to in almost everything I post......

Just as there exists an "addf" command in halcmd to add a function to a thread, there is a "delf" command to remove it. I've never tried it but it doesn't make much sense to use such a command outside of runtime. So I guess the question is, is there any resources to be saved by adding and removing functions from hal during runtime? I know there's logistical issues with broken nets but they can be dealt with.

The following user(s) said Thank You: rodw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds