How to reset amplifier after error?

More
22 Feb 2024 10:56 - 22 Feb 2024 10:58 #293970 by breezer
Hello,

my amplifiers have an input to reset an error in the amplifier, is there a HAL pin to perform a reset?

In addition, my amplifiers have a ready signal which is set as soon as the amplifiers are in operational mode, how can I process this signal in linuxcnc, is there a motion inhibit signal or something?

Best regards
Last edit: 22 Feb 2024 10:58 by breezer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2024 11:23 #293973 by winward

More
22 Feb 2024 12:37 #293975 by Aciera
Have a look at:
joint.N.amp-fault-in
joint.N.amp-enable-out
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/motion.9.html

Note: You can use any hal signal to reset your drives (eg 'halui.machine.is-on') or to handle your amplifier fault signal.

More
22 Feb 2024 21:33 #294021 by Unlogic
On my machine I added a one shot logic so that a clear fault signal is sent to the drives when I reset the e-stop (using Delta drives where the logic section remains powered during e-stop).

More
12 Mar 2024 19:44 #295777 by bob8020
I seem to be in a similar situation... Delta AC Servo with EtherCAT. All working fine with homing via absolute encoders.

We wired E-STOP as per Delta manual, dual NC to a safety relay driving a power contactor feeding 240v to motor power on the servos. Servo control power inputs get separate 240v which stays on during E-STOP.

But (of course) we have a problem.

Say we are just powered up, LinuxCNC is enables, can jog ok.

We press E-STOP. Safety relay drops, motor power drops, but the control 240v stays up, so Delta display and buttons still working. Pressing button shows NO alarm code.

Motors freewheel as expected.

Then press Enable, the safety relay closes, 240v contactor closes, servo motor power is back.

BUT... LinuxCNC won't enable, AmpFault for all servos.

So over Ethercat the servos are telling LinuxCNC that they are faulted, but no fault code on servo front panel?

Using trial and error, the only way we seem to be able to reset things is with power cycle to the servo control power i.e. reboot the servos.

Questions:

a) Is this expected? Surprising that the servo shows no alarm but EtherCAT says ampfault.

b) Is there a way to reset after clearing E-STOP w/out a servo power cycle?

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds