Logitech F310 works in halshow but won't move axis

More
03 Mar 2024 23:30 #295097 by JR99
Apologies in advance for what is probably a dumb question, I'm in the final stages of my first CNC setup and am excited to finally be able to actually use it.  Everything is working at this point except for a pendant.

I initially setup my Logitech using the wiki instructions but ran into issues with the analog controller proving difficult to reliably control a single axis at a time.  I decided to just use PNCconf setup to assign buttons to the axis directions and keep things simple.  

When I run linuxcnc now I'm unable to jog using the joystick, however the jog with keyboard and gui works. I'm confused and at a loss as to what to try next though because halshow seems to indicate the associated pins and signals are working.  Screenshots of the config and halshow indicators attached.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

-JR
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2024 07:49 #295115 by Aciera
Note that 'halui.axis.x.plus' will only work after homing.

Have a look at 'halui.axis.x.plus' in Halshow just to make sure the signal actually gets to the pin.
Also check that 'halui.axis.jog-speed' actually gets the correct value.

More
04 Mar 2024 17:15 #295150 by JR99
THANK YOU!! Everything on the CNC is working now!

I was homing X and then testing, but it looks like all axis have to be homed first. I was confused because the keyboard controls worked. I assume that if the joystick jog was mapped to the joints as well as the axis it could work pre-homing?

-JR

More
04 Mar 2024 18:12 #295154 by Aciera

I assume that if the joystick jog was mapped to the joints as well as the axis it could work pre-homing?

Yes.

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds