Jogging with feed per revolution (F/rev)

More
09 Jun 2024 15:38 #302681 by PhilsWorkshop
Hello everyone,

My name is Philipp and i started a new project a couple of weeks ago:Retrofitting a Weiler 160 Cnc to be servoconventional (like a E35).I want to keep the original DC spindle motor and replace the X and Y servos with 750W Ac ones.(got all the parts already).

I use probe basic lathe with a touchscreen and a Mesa 7i76e and a 7i85, which works already. Now to the problem:The "pendant" for the conventional part makes some trouble:

Schematic: 

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

first page is the "pendant" that goes on the machine saddle, second one is the control cabinet with touchscreen.

I have printed this mockup:  

The problem is the "Vorschubsrichtung/ SVH NA 4022", its a latching joystick.
I want it to feed in the selected direction, but with a defined feed per revolution. So the feed scales with the RPM of the spindle.
I have looked through all possible articles, but could not find anythig matching.
Maybe someone here has an idea on how to do that?

Regards,
Philipp
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jun 2024 16:54 #302686 by Aciera
I think you might have to fix this up yourself.
A possible idea could be:
- Add a custom panel (not sure how that works in ProbeBasic) with an entry field to set the requested jog speed in distance/revolution
- Do the math in hal (maybe using a custom hal-component) to read the spindle speed and calculate the jog-speed according to the requested value and connect that result to 'halui.axis.jog-speed'
- Use 'halui.axis.L.plus' and 'halui.axis.L.minus' to connect the joystick signals to.

Note that the GUI buttons will continue to use the default distance/min jog speed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds