Learning HAL and external offsets

More
19 Aug 2024 04:17 #308112 by Hauligali22
Hello,I have a project where I want to apply changes to a cnc toolpath in realtime based on object tracking data from a camera. I have been told that while uncommon, that it is possible. Particularly, to use a hardware abstraction layer to apply external offsets so that the original g-code remains unchanged and the toolpath can still be updated. However, as a novice and having done a deep dive into this topic, I find it very difficult to complete this project because of the lack of information on these topics. Can anyone direct me or recommend how I can learn how to use HAL and external offsets? I have also been suggested that parametrized g-code is dynamic and can work. That Fanuc controls have a feature called real time macro and Siemens controls have a feature called parallel program execution, which I may be able to code in linuxcnc. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Aug 2024 06:25 - 19 Aug 2024 06:27 #308116 by Aciera
Regarding HAL see section 'HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer' :
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/

Regarding External offsets:
linuxcnc.org/docs/stable/html/motion/external-offsets.html
Last edit: 19 Aug 2024 06:27 by Aciera.

More
19 Aug 2024 10:37 #308127 by tommylight
Parameterized gcode will not work as it is loaded fully on opening and changes can not be refreshed while LinuxCNC is in Auto mode.
External offsets should work perfectly for what you need, as they can be applied while the machine is running in Auto mode.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds