Gearshift of a Gildemeister Lathe by M-Code

More
07 Jun 2015 12:21 #59555 by acweissbrodt
Hello together,
I am planning a Gildemeister CT 40 retrofit with Linux CNC

I am looking for a solution for changing gear (2- high-low)
There is a hydraulic actuator with hydraulic valve and two feedback switches for the position at the gear

The Spindle has a DC Motor with Baumueller DC Drive +/- 10V controlling
with beltdriven pulsecoder

Is it needed to tell the the gear ratio to the cnc- controller for speed calculating?
Have anybody informations or experiences about that.

Thank you for your attention

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2015 16:42 #59558 by ArcEye

I am looking for a solution for changing gear (2- high-low)
There is a hydraulic actuator with hydraulic valve and two feedback switches for the position at the gear

A simple HAL component would probably be the easiest way.

Exactly how, depends upon the specifics of operation, does the actuator just move the gear cluster, or does it stay actuated to hold it in position etc
Is there a default 'resting' position etc.

Is it needed to tell the the gear ratio to the cnc- controller for speed calculating?

Not if your encoder or pickup is on the same ratio as the spindle, which hopefully it will be. (usually is 1:1 unless some compensation applied internally)

regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: acweissbrodt

More
07 Jun 2015 17:38 #59562 by acweissbrodt
thank you fore responding

Exactly how, depends upon the specifics of operation, does the actuator just move the gear cluster, or does it stay actuated to hold it in position etc
Is there a default 'resting' position etc.

The gear shift stays by itselves ( two positions: high-low ) in the last position (no default ), no continualy force fom acttuator.
If a change is needed ( commanded by M-Code)
Sequence:
1. Motor stops
2. Spindle stand still maybe slow motion ( 10 rpm ) to ease engaging of shifting claw
some machines swinging cw-ccw 1- 2 Hz
3. output pin command to Relay->Valve
4. gear has changed ( Feedback by switch INI )
5. Output pin off
6. permission to start Motor acceleration to the desired rpm. ( Max gear range of specific shift, maybe message if command higher then range )

I am new at Linux CNC - every start maybe hard
I am experieced in PLC programming ( Heidenhain ), it seems that Linux gives many more possibilities, and Ladder is not the best.

Any suggestion is wellcome
greetings

More
07 Jun 2015 18:15 #59566 by ArcEye

I am experieced in PLC programming ( Heidenhain ), it seems that Linux gives many more possibilities, and Ladder is not the best.

Classic Ladder may not be as fully featured as the PLCs you are used to, but probably would do what you want here quite adequately.

Do I assume that the valve is some sort of reciprocol one, which moves in the opposite direction to that it is already in, or are there seperate inputs for each direction?
(different contacts on the relay?)

A component would not even need to be realtime, nothing else is going to happen until the gearchange is done.

I will mock up a demo if you want to try going down that route, depends if you understand any C programming

If not you might find it easiest to use what you know and try Classic ladder, it can do toolchangers, so certainly should be able to cope with this .

regards

More
07 Jun 2015 19:47 - 07 Jun 2015 19:51 #59572 by BigJohnT
That could be done in Classicladder I think. I have an tool changer simulator that might help you understand Classicladder. You know ladder logic so all you need to do is learn the programming interface for Classicladder.

gnipsel.com/files/linuxcnc/configs/cl-turret-sim.zip

A M100 could initiate the gear change.

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gcode/m-code.html#sec:M100-to-M199

JT
Last edit: 07 Jun 2015 19:51 by BigJohnT.

Moderators: piasdom
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds