m5i20 encoder index pulse doesn't change state

More
25 Oct 2009 04:11 #1028 by ldmarsaglia
Hello everybody,

I'm having a little trouble with my encoder, turns out that i can read the A and B pulses, they are working ok, but i don't have response from the index pulse, i tested the cables and i even make a fake pulse sending the 5 v to the pin of the 7i33 that is plugged to the m5i20, and nothing happened, the pin index pulse doesn't change the state from false to true.

So i was wondering if may be someone had the same problem, or may be someone that has more knowledge than me could guide me to solve the problem.. anyway tomorrow i will continue trying and i will test the encoder in the other pins of the 7i33, to see if it's a hardware problem.

Well thanks in advance as always..

Best regards.

Leonardo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Oct 2009 05:42 #1029 by cmorley
first are you using the hostmot2 driver?
if so:
Did you set .index_enable true first?

From the manual:
.index-enable
(Bit, I/O) When this pin is set to True, the count (and therefore also position) are reset to zero on the next Index (Phase-Z) pulse. At the same time,
index-enable is reset to zero to indicate that the pulse has occurred.

If not and you are using the m5i20 driver:
First you probably should switch to the hostmot2 driver.
second you still need to set . index-enable true
.index is supposed to tell you the current state but it might not work properly.

More
25 Oct 2009 16:54 #1031 by PCW
Also if you are debugging and using HostMot2 you can read the real-time (non latched)
index input state at the appropriate GPIO pin

More
26 Oct 2009 16:52 #1036 by ldmarsaglia
Guys thanks for the help, i'll try to make it work with the index option turned to TRUE and i'll tell you how it was.

Thanks again.

Regards.

Leonardo.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds