5i20 7i48

More
04 Jan 2012 16:30 #16301 by fgauder
5i20 7i48 was created by fgauder
I have no idea where to ask this question, so I thought I'd start here. I'm starting up a Hurco MD3 mill conversion. The mill has Servomate drives and I'm controlling them with Mesa 5i20 and 7i48 cards.

I have a problem with the X axis scale, so I've only been able to move the Y and Z axes. Both of these move smoothly in one direction, but in the opposite direction the whole machine shakes, the ECC (excess continuous current) LED comes on, and Hal Scope goes from a smooth line on axis.n.f-error to a rapidly oscillating line with 20x's the magnitude of the other direction.

If I reverse the armature and tach polarity, the shaking goes to the opposite direction. As usual, I'm clueless and in need of help. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jan 2012 16:41 #16303 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:5i20 7i48
fgauder wrote:

I have a problem with the X axis scale, so I've only been able to move the Y and Z axes. Both of these move smoothly in one direction, but in the opposite direction the whole machine shakes, the ECC (excess continuous current) LED comes on, and Hal Scope goes from a smooth line on axis.n.f-error to a rapidly oscillating line with 20x's the magnitude of the other direction.

Is your PWM type set to 2? You need up-down mode (PWM on both pins) otherwise the "negative PWM" pin sees "direction" values instead.

This is a HAL file setting.

More
04 Jan 2012 17:09 #16309 by fgauder
Replied by fgauder on topic Re:5i20 7i48
Thank you Andy. That was the problem.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds