ethercat problem

More
01 Jun 2012 04:32 #20547 by awesomepanda
I install the ethercat master station in my IPC.The version is “ethercat-1.5.1”.I use a cable to connect it with a KPA’s ethercat slave card.

I do the installing as this paper said:
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Etherlab

But I have to use this command in the terminal before I start the master station each time:
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.32-122-rtai/ethercat/master/ec_master.ko
then use the command: /etc/init.d/ethercat start.

the master station can start,but there is a warning.
the result is below:
Startiong EtherCAT master 1.5.1 WARNING:All config files need .conf: /etc/modprobe.d/emc2,it will be ignored in a future release.
done

It is said that the network led on the bus coupler is blinking.But my led on the network adapter is keeping red,no blinking.

Another problem I have is that I have to use the command “ethercat slaves -v” to get the address of the slaves station.here is what I do and the result:
root@no1-desktop:/home/no1# /etc/init.d/ethercat
USAGE: /etc/init.d/ethercat {start |stop|restart|status}

From the result,it means I have only four options below the “ethercat”,they are “ethercat start”,”ethercat stop”,”ethercat restart”,”ethrcat status”,there is no choice “ethercat slaves”.

I don’t know whether my master station is installed correctly.Why this problem comes?

In the sample,the version is “ethercat-1.3.0”.But my version is “ethercat-1.5.1”.I think it’s not the causing.

Any replying is appreciated.Thank you.

Best regards!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jun 2012 12:35 #20559 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Re:ethercat problem
awesomepanda wrote:

But I have to use this command in the terminal before I start the master station each time:
insmod /lib/modules/2.6.32-122-rtai/ethercat/master/ec_master.ko
then use the command: /etc/init.d/ethercat start.

You might be able to add it to the default linuxcnc startup script. But I am not sure how all that fits together.

I think you may be largely on your own with this one, I don't think etherCAT is in particularly wide use in the LinuxCNC area.

More
02 Jun 2012 12:23 #20593 by awesomepanda
Replied by awesomepanda on topic Re:ethercat problem
andypugh,thank you.

I had written "insmod /lib/modules.2.6.32-122-rtai/ethercat/master/ec_master.ko" in the file "/etc/rc.local".It didn't work.So I have to input the command every time.
Thus I wander if I had not installed the ethercat master station .

I have searched the internet and found the command "ethercat slaves "in the direction "/opt/etherlab/bin/ethercat".

But when I input the command"/opt/etherlab/bin/ethercat slaves",the error comes up.
Failed to obtain number of master:Failed to open master device /dev/EtherCAT0:No such file or directory.

Any people are appreciated to reply your opitions or the reason you guess.Thank you!

Best regards!!!

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds