New CPLD-based board

More
11 Mar 2010 07:22 - 11 Mar 2010 07:27 #2272 by FesterAddams
Hi everybody!
Sometimes we developed our own CPLD-based board with a couple of MAX!! CPLD's & one XC164 processor on it. Board has 60 optical isolated inputs, 50 power outputs, 12 analog outs, e.t.c. We use it for automation of various machines instead of ladder logic and retrofit. Such boards also may be cascaded to increase number of I/O.
And now i thought that this board will be a good thing to interface computer w EMC2 and machine.
It seemed to me such architecture is very attractive: Control of servo-drivers through STEP/DIR, a feedback by position by means of incremental encoders, and counters of co-ordinates to program inside CPLD. Communication of the interface board with the computer through LPT or Ethernet. In this application the microprocessor is not necessary, analogue outs - too.
I will be glad to hear criticism, and even more - suggestions.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2010 07:27 by FesterAddams. Reason: adding

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2010 01:21 #2302 by mozmck
Replied by mozmck on topic Re:New CPLD-based board
Do you have a website for this board?

More
14 Mar 2010 17:08 #2308 by FesterAddams
While is not present, there is no need yet. It is while only idea, we developed a board for own needs. But further there are questions with programming EMC2, and in it I am weak.

More
14 Mar 2010 17:24 #2309 by FesterAddams
In this board is attractive that co-ordinates are counted not in the computer, but on the board - an error is impossible. Also it is possible to make any quantity I/O pin, and so it is possible to program any logic in the board.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds