amc driver BD30A8 with Pluto-P board

More
06 Mar 2013 03:00 #30935 by silica
i am gathering parts for a cnc project, converting a mini mill to cnc. wondering if anyone has this combination. i got some cheapo amc BD30A8 amp from ebay to drive T730 bursh motor with encoder and got Pluto-P. wondering if these two would work together. thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Mar 2013 08:27 #30949 by andypugh

i am gathering parts for a cnc project, converting a mini mill to cnc. wondering if anyone has this combination. i got some cheapo amc BD30A8 amp from ebay to drive T730 bursh motor with encoder and got Pluto-P. wondering if these two would work together. thanks

If the Pluto works (which is a bit of a gamble, and depends mainly on quirks of individual parallel ports) then it is very suitable for controlling the drive.
However, the drive is really intended for brushless servo motors, and you appear to have brushed ones.
Brushless motors have three wires, brushed motors have 2.
It might be that the drives can be persuaded to drive your motors, simply by only connecting 2 wires. You would probably have to wire the Hall sensors into a specific pattern to force the correct wires to be active.

My advice would be to first make sure that the Pluto works. Then see if you can find some brushless servos going cheap.
The following user(s) said Thank You: silica

More
07 Mar 2013 03:42 #30986 by skunkworks
Most all of the B amc drives (brushless) will work with brushed servos. You just need to set them correctly..

In the manual that was linked supported motors

'Single Phase (Brushed, Voice Coil, Inductive Load), Three Phase (Brushless)'

sam
The following user(s) said Thank You: silica

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.296 seconds