Mesa 5i25 + 7i78 + Custom card using RS-422

More
15 Jun 2013 05:34 #35653 by diegoroman17
Hi everybody,

I want to design a custom card to connect to my combo 5i25+7i78. I have noticed that 7i78 have a RS-422 port. My custom expansion card will has the control of my chiller system and some I/O of general purpose to expand the capabilitties of 7i78 and connect limit switch, etc. Is posible communicate via RS-422 to 7i78 and through this send data to linuxcnc? How could be the protocol data for this communication?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2013 06:30 #35658 by andypugh

Hi everybody,

I want to design a custom card to connect to my combo 5i25+7i78. I have noticed that 7i78 have a RS-422 port. My custom expansion card will has the control of my chiller system and some I/O of general purpose to expand the capabilitties of 7i78 and connect limit switch, etc. Is posible communicate via RS-422 to 7i78 and through this send data to linuxcnc? How could be the protocol data for this communication?

That port is for the Mesa Smart-Serial cards. The manuals for most of them contain a fair amount of detail about the protocol. It ought to be possible to make your own hardware work with it. (As a bonus, if you do then the LinuCNC driver will automatically work)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds