Best combination for 5i25?

More
12 Jul 2013 01:02 #36574 by green751
Hi, all;

I have a CNC mill that currently has 3 axes - X/Y/Z, plus it will soon have a servo spindle. All of these axes have encoders.

I also have a manual pulse generator I'd like to add, that's also an encoder.

Finally, I have a DDR servo that has resolver feedback. If I had a cable for this I could get encoder output from the drive, but they're hard to find, and supposedly the accuracy of the resolver depends on using the original cable, which I don't have.

I'm picking out a new driver board from Mesa to replace the 5i20/7i31/7i33 combo I have now. I'm thinking the 5i25/7i77 combo with cable will work fine, but I'm looking for a simple way to add the resolver feedback. Is a 7i49 my only option for that, or could I do it some other way?

Erik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2013 02:06 #36579 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Best combination for 5i25?
If the drive has resolver feedback (going to the drive) there is likely no easy way to interface to it and the drive other than using the drives emulated encoder output. This is because most resolver interfaces generate the excitation waveform and expect the sine/cos signals from the resolver to be in phase with this reference waveform. (and the drive does the same)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds