mesa 7i77 hal file

More
09 Nov 2015 20:56 #65045 by bkt
mesa 7i77 hal file was created by bkt
# Generated by PNCconf at Thu Nov  5 16:11:55 2015
# If you make changes to this file, they will be
# overwritten when you run PNCconf again

loadrt trivkins
loadrt [EMCMOT]EMCMOT servo_period_nsec=[EMCMOT]SERVO_PERIOD num_joints=[TRAJ]AXES
loadrt hostmot2
loadrt hm2_pci config=" num_encoders=6 num_pwmgens=0 num_stepgens=0 sserial_port_0=000xxx" 
setp    hm2_5i25.0.watchdog.timeout_ns 5000000
loadrt pid names=pid.x,pid.y,pid.z,pid.a,pid.s

these te start of my file generated from pncconfig .... I want to create a config with 6 encode and 6 analog, and some i/o with 5i25 and 1 X 7i77 ...
these row ::
loadrt hm2_pci config=" num_encoders=6 num_pwmgens=0 num_stepgens=0 sserial_port_0=000xxx"
is right ? .... It is wrong I should write it? .... num_pwmgens=6 sserial_port_0=333xxx???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Nov 2015 00:58 #65053 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic mesa 7i77 hal file
www.mesanet.com/pdf/parallel/7i77man.pdf
Page 5 shows that there are no PWM inputs to the 7i77, so num_pwmgens=0 is correct, or could just be left out (there are not any to turn off).

The analog outputs are probably on smart-serial channel 2, you can check that by turning them off with a 0x0 config.

Page 21 of the manual tell you what the alternate modes of channel 1 are (for example 300 would turn on all the extra features of the DIO pins). What you want channel 3 set to depends on what you have connected to the extension channel. If there isn't anything there then 00x can save a bit of CPU time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bkt

More
10 Nov 2015 08:24 - 10 Nov 2015 08:26 #65062 by bkt
Replied by bkt on topic mesa 7i77 hal file
ok so if set sserial_port_0=000xxx i select serial 0 channel 0 1 and 2 to 0 mode is right?
in 0 mode I can utilize 6 encoder 6 analogue and 32 I + 16 O is right?
So there are some other in my hal file that not work .... I have correctly set in a firs config A rotary axis in velocity mode ..... than (with same motor and drive) I copy the A config to X Y and Z ..... but now the nalogue out seems to set at 1% of out .... I'll explain: first setting A angular axis max_vel 9xx°/sec If run Gcode with F3000 A90 F3000 A-90, The result is at max speed, 10V analogue out and max speed of motor ... In the second config I have X Y Z A at the same config old first A ..... but these time if run Gcode with F3000 X90 Y90 Z90 A90 F3000 X-90 Y-90 Z-90 A-90 the result is 0.35V analogue out and motor at 5-8rpm ....... Not understand why.

File Attachment:

File Name: test3-2-3.hal
File Size:12 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: test3-2-3.ini
File Size:3 KB

If set MAX_ANGULAR_VELOCITY to 10000 is the same ....
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 Nov 2015 08:26 by bkt.

More
10 Nov 2015 10:14 #65065 by andypugh

If run Gcode with F3000 A90 F3000 A-90, The result is at max speed, 10V analogue out and max speed of motor ... In the second config I have X Y Z A at the same config old first A ..... but these time if run Gcode with F3000 X90 Y90 Z90 A90 F3000 X-90 Y-90 Z-90 A-90 the result is 0.35V analogue out and motor at 5-8rpm ....... Not understand why.

This is a quirk of G-code. If only angular axes are involved then the F-word is degrees per minute
If there are mixed linear and angular moves then the feedrate is in mm/min or inches/min.

I know that you have set all the axes to be angular, but I am not sure that LinuxCNC believes you....

This comes down to a deeply-rooted problem in LinuxCNC, it is very confused about axes and joints. On some levels XYZ can not be angular, they are positions in cartesian space. Joints 0,1,2 can very much be angular, though. It might be that despite being declared as ANGULAR the XYZ velocities are still controlled by the [TRAJ] linear settings.

This is likely to be better in the Joints_Axes development branch, which attempts to make a clearer distinction between joints and axes, and where ANGULAR is a joint property, not an axis property.

What is the physical layout of your machine?

More
10 Nov 2015 11:09 #65067 by bkt
you are in right .... today I have tried a new config ... I start from xyz milling ... than I modify by hand the ini file with my parameter and ANGULAR instead of LINEAR ... it work fine ... than I add manually A and B axes in ini and hal ...al work fine ... but I not see the difference from old ini-hal file and new ..... Is my old delta robot that I try to convert from stepper to analogue velocity mode .... 2 mis ago I have install deltakins_5axis and I try it with succes .... To your expyrience is possible use joint-axis with delta kins? is possible to use joint-axis with touchy gui?

More
10 Nov 2015 11:28 #65069 by andypugh
My milling machine runs Joints_Axes and the Touchy GUI. However I don't run complex kinematics, so I can't say 100% that it works in Joint mode.

The simplest way to find out is probably to open one of the complex kins simulators (puma robot, perhaps) then edit the DISPLAY= to touchy, and see if it works.

But, this isn't a JA thing, this is a world-mode / joint-mode thing and you will have the same issue in any version if using deltakins.

More
10 Nov 2015 11:33 - 10 Nov 2015 12:11 #65070 by bkt
... I understand well if in my hal file (with joint_axes) change all my axis.N.amp-enable-out to joint.N.amp-enable-out or must add in every axes section these type of row (axis.N.amp-enable-out == joint.N.amp-enable-out ... axis.N.amp-fault-in == joint.N.amp-fault-in ... and so)??

Change ini file and hal file is is all you need to do to use joint_axes ?

regards
giorgio
Last edit: 10 Nov 2015 12:11 by bkt.

More
10 Nov 2015 11:37 #65071 by andypugh

Change ini file and hal file is is all you need to do to use joint_axes ?

Yes, and there is a conversion script that automatically converts to the new format if you try to open a non-JA configuration.

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds