Driving analogue servos

More
10 Aug 2017 18:01 #97311 by Agathon
Replied by Agathon on topic Driving analogue servos

Well, possibly a few solid state relays and cable might be all you'd need to add. Speed command input in on CN1-3 and 4. CN1 pin 14 may get 24 V DC to enable the drive (RUN mode). This can be set up with a solid state relay in the DIO board. Check additional info for the correct voltages here. CN1 34 and 35 are the alarm outputs, there should be more info on how this is set up. If a floating optocoupler output, it can just be tied in series with the E-stop chain.

Jon

Great, I might need you to spoon-feed me more when it comes to purchasing and setting up, but apart from getting to grips with LCNC it sounds doable.

How much do you charge for shipping to the UK Jon?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Aug 2017 01:38 #97322 by jmelson
Replied by jmelson on topic Driving analogue servos

Many thanks once more Todd. Right, so unlike Mach, LCNC can accept position inputs and work in a closed loop?

Yes, LinuxCNC is designed from the ground up for servos. It can also handle steppers open- or closed-loop. But, the concept of reading position, computing a new velocity and sending it out to a servo drive is built into the architecture.

Jon

More
11 Aug 2017 01:41 #97323 by jmelson

Great, I might need you to spoon-feed me more when it comes to purchasing and setting up, but apart from getting to grips with LCNC it sounds doable.

How much do you charge for shipping to the UK Jon?

Our web store will calculate it for you. Even USPS shipping is not so cheap. But, not a lot I can do about that.

I expect to provide after-sale support on these complex products.

There is a sample configs file set for the PPMC included in the distribution of LinuxCNC.

Jon

More
11 Aug 2017 10:25 - 11 Aug 2017 10:32 #97330 by Agathon
Last edit: 11 Aug 2017 10:32 by Agathon.

More
11 Aug 2017 15:02 #97344 by jmelson

Hi Jon, so I take it that I would need something like the following:

8-slot PPMC Motherboard
4-axis Digital to Analog Converter
4-axis encoder counter
Digital Input/Output Board
Triple Output Power Supply

David

You also want the card cage, and possibly an IEEE-1284 cable and some solid state relays.

But, yes, the items you list are the components for a 4-axis PPMC setup.

Jon

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds