TB6600? or updated only spins bipolar stepper one way.

More
19 Sep 2017 05:20 #99110 by Johnsinski
I've been successfully using the HobbyCNC Pro board for several years with the HobbyCNC "bipolar steppers". I had the 4-axis board, "burned" 1 axis out (unknown reason) so it became a 3-axis board. Well, now it's a 2-axis board, unknown reason.

I had a cheap ebay single axis driver, TG6600, or similar, maybe updated, but can't get it to work correctly with the same computer. When I am in stepconfig setup and test the axis, it only turns one direction. It turns that same direction for x+ AND x- command. I don't have any wires hooked to either "ena pins".

I think I've tried every conceivable motor wiring scheme that makes sense (and some that don't!), with/without using the center taps, parallel, series, random! I've tried all of the "stock" controller timing settings in LinuxCNC.

This is all without the HobbyCNC board hooked to the computer. I have the 5v+ to the driver board coming from a spare cable in the computer.

Can I not use "bipolar" steppers with this "TB6600" board? Is the board bad? What else could it be? I don't have an oscilloscope and only have basic electronic skills.

Thanks for any tips.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2017 02:21 #99233 by andypugh
Is the "DIR" pin connected? Do you see that changing value when you reverse the motor?

Are you using step-dir or quadrature step types?

More
23 Sep 2017 07:10 #99308 by Johnsinski
Well I think I'm using step-dir from LinuxCNC. I had 4 wires hooked to the computer, Parallel Port Pin 2 for dir and PPP 3 for (pul) step. and each of those required a 5v+ which I supplied from the power supply in the PC.

There are 2 more connectors on the driver for (ENA) and (ENA 5+), I never had those connected.

I also never had any ground from the parallel port to the driver, I suppose you could connect one of the PP ground pins to the "high power ground" on the driver.

I'll have to check to see if the software indicated if it thinks it's rotating both direction.

I do have a new HobbyCNC board all soldered up and working now. But I would like to experiment with some other drivers boards too.

Thanks.

More
02 Oct 2017 21:19 #99786 by Marcodi
Hi,

My knowledge is 0 to null but I have seen lots of schematics where all the + (ena, pul and dir ) are all connected to the +5v . No idea yet where the ena - should go.

I ordered 5 of these boards aswell so I will be having the same issue. I guess

Moderators: PCWjmelson
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds